ResScan 3.14 problems

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
red1

ResScan 3.14 problems

Post by red1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I had to reinstall windows (after 2 years)

When I reinstalled ResScan, all seemed fine. I did not download any of the drivers, as I already have a SD card reader on my computer. I put all the .rlk files back in the patient folder. They added up to about 4.5 gigs.

The program seems to run fine with the exception of a printing issue. The pdf files that get created when you press print, puts too many rows of info on each page. There was 20 rows of data on one page, another page had 12 and another about 8. It seems to vary with each of the .rlk files. I would need to have the eye sight of an owl to read the stuff.

This is a first for me. I did reinstall adobe reader. It did not do anything. Should I have installed one of those drivers, even though I have a sd card reader on my computer?

I am in real need of help.

Thank you in advance

Rick
Air Curve 10 VAuto
Swift FX Nasal

Lizistired

Re: ResScan 3.14 problems

Post by Lizistired » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:56 pm

I don't know anything about the print issues, so I'll bump your thread.
I was just going to suggest you load 4.1 since you are doing it. The link in Uncle Bob's signature is a direct download.
It loads faster and they did make a few changes.
Added a usage graph like SH has which is easier to see total sleep trends than the sessions graph.
They also changed some little things to default that we used to have to tell new users about; Flow displays, the high res box is already checked. I can't remember what else. Guess they are listening. Now if they will let me hide the toolbars to go full screen.

red1

Post by red1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:19 pm

Thanks for bumping it Lizistired.

I did try 4.1 & it would not cooperate with me at all. So I went back to3.14. THis never happened when I first had it installed. After reinstalling the windows & drivers using my a dvd burn of the system, it began giving me problems. I have no idea why adobe reader is putting so many of the graphs onto one page. IT kind of fills the first page, then goes on to page 2 & so on. The graphs are so small, because there are so many on a page. You need a magnifying glass to read it.

I don't know if adobe reader is causing it or if its resScan itself. Maybe it had something to do with putting the .rlk files back. I saved the .rlk files before I reinstalled windows. Maybe putting them back after reinstall did something? I am so lost with this.

Should I have installed one of those drivers? Even though I have my own sd card slots on my computer?

Thanks again.
Air Curve 10 VAuto
Swift FX Nasal

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:28 pm

I don't recall anyone needing the drivers. I do recall them causing problems though.
Did you move the whole "patient name" file folder, or just the rlk files? Mine includes the rlk's, 2 data base files and a DAT file

red1

Post by red1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Thanks for your help Liz,

I finally have got it working properly. I initially installed 4.1. First time around, it was creating literally hundreds of warnings in the event viewer. They were serious warnings about the same thing. It said the program was attempting to make changes to a protected registry file. This scared me, so I quicky uninstalled 4.1. I deleted any resscan folder left. I then installed 3.14. Thats when I started getting printouts with 20-30 graphs on one page. I tried a lot of different things, nothing worked. Finally I uninstalled & reinstalled again, hopeing that would fix it. I even uninstalled & reinstalled adobe reader. Same issue again. I had moved the .rlk files to a different drive, as my main drive is a ssd drive & those .rlk files can be quite large. I decided uninstall again & put the .rkl files back on the main drive. Made no difference. I also noticed this time around, that I got the same warning messages as I got with version 4.1.

That was it. I was so upset at this point, I was going to reinstall windows over again, using the windows disk, instead of the windows image file that was created for my computer. Just before doing this, I thought, what the heck, I will try to install 4.1 again.
Only this time, I deleted all the old .rkl files and I ran my PC Tools utility registry cleaner. I then installed 4.1 & just used my SD card. It printed everything out perfectly. It even looks better then the graphs from 3.14. Top it off, it put the new .rlk files into the drive I originally moved them to when I had 3.14 running.

A full night lost, but, got 4.1 up & running without the registry warnings in the event viewer. Happy ending. (I hope) ") This was the first time I ever had any problems installing resScan in 3 years.
Air Curve 10 VAuto
Swift FX Nasal