wrestling with my hose

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
runaroundsue

wrestling with my hose

Post by runaroundsue » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:56 am

I tried a new lighter weight hose, but it is crinkly and stiff. Does anyone have a recommendation for a less difficult hose? The first hose I had allowed itself to be rolled up, this one seems to have a permanent oval form that won't easily coil except in its own predetermined shape. Help!

ChrisD

Re: wrestling with my hose

Post by ChrisD » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:03 am

runaroundsue,

Can you please update your profile with what equipment you are using. It would make it easier to help you in the future.

What hose are you using now? I'm using the white performance hose for Phillips Respironics and it;s pretty light, flexible, and non-crinkly.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/respir ... ubing.html

Chris
Hosehead since 2011-11-30

Machine: ResMed AirSense 11Autoset
Mask: ResMed AirFit N20 Nasal Mask
Software: ResMed myAir and OSCAR -Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

squid13

Post by squid13 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:14 am

You need to get a hose management system. This is what i use and it's the best think I've bought so far. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/HoseBu ... ystem.html

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Actually, you can get that with both thin and regular diameter hoses. It's annoying, but I just tuck my CPAP hose under the covers with me and everything soon sorts itself out. It used to drive me crazy, but I hardly notice it anymore. That being said, I do wish that hoses, in general, were a bit more flexible... hey, we put a man on the moon etc...

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:41 pm

http://www.pur-sleep.com/products/prodD ... ategory=13

This is simple and does the job very well.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:47 pm

I love that page--gotta go and sniff the Spice disk now.

JohnO

Post by JohnO » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:44 pm

runaroundsue wrote: Does anyone have a recommendation for a less difficult hose?
Another option is to use a hose cover. I've been using the one below for the past couple of months. It quiets things down nicely.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/snuggl ... cover.html

As far as getting the hose to not stay in an oval shape:in the morning after you wake up, disconnect the hose from the machine, and hang it over a shower curtain rod, or some tall item. The hose will eventually straighten out, but it will take a number of days. You could add something to weight each end, but I would not want to put too much weight on it so that you don't stretch it out.

John

ChrisD

Post by ChrisD » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:39 am

Hosehead since 2011-11-30

Machine: ResMed AirSense 11Autoset
Mask: ResMed AirFit N20 Nasal Mask
Software: ResMed myAir and OSCAR -Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

lazer

Post by lazer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:54 am

I'm really pleased with this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0034C ... 01_s00_i00

ImageImage

PS: I'm glad this was a female posting the OP because I was afraid to click on it fearing a male had posted and was talking about something else.

Bright Choice

Post by Bright Choice » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:58 pm

For hose management systems I love the Hozer. It is well thought out, very well engineered and sturdier than those offered on cpap.com. I bought my first one from cpap.com but unfortunately cpap.com no longer carries them. After I gave mine to my DH, I realized how much I missed having one and found one at http://www.cpapusa.com/search/HoZer-CPA ... T1000.html. I called them when I had a question and they were extremely helpful.

ala5081

Post by ala5081 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:38 pm

A couple of Hose Cozy's and it feels like you have a Stuffed Animal holding on to. You can't tell it's a hose then.

2 B Sleeping Soundly

Post by 2 B Sleeping Soundly » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:Actually, you can get that with both thin and regular diameter hoses. It's annoying, but I just tuck my CPAP hose under the covers with me and everything soon sorts itself out. It used to drive me crazy, but I hardly notice it anymore. That being said, I do wish that hoses, in general, were a bit more flexible... hey, we put a man on the moon etc...

Just like Sir NoddinOff, I don't use a hose system management system and use the same technique of putting the hose under the covers. I did add a Snugglehose fleece cover on the hose to make it more than worthy of the 'snuggle' and to eliminate rain-out possibilities.
chunkyfrog wrote:I love that page--gotta go and sniff the Spice disk now.

Chunkyfrog, I have been meaning to ask you, How long have you been using the 'Spice' scent and how does it compare to other scents you have tried (I am just trying to see if you like some of the same scents that I do and I could take a chance and justify buying another unknown new scent).

One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said, "Didn't you see the stop sign?" I said, "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read." -- Steven Wright

KEQ5

Post by KEQ5 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:27 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:Actually, you can get that with both thin and regular diameter hoses. It's annoying, but I just tuck my CPAP hose under the covers with me and everything soon sorts itself out. It used to drive me crazy, but I hardly notice it anymore. That being said, I do wish that hoses, in general, were a bit more flexible... hey, we put a man on the moon etc...
That's about what I do. The machine is on the left side of the bed.

So if I'm lying on my right side, facing the machine, I pull the hose down my chest between my arms, then lay the covers across it to hold it in place. Then my hands and forearms go up above that point and don't touch the hose.

When I flip over onto my left side, facing away from the machine, I pull the hose out from under my arm as I flip and let the hose lay across my neck.

I'm fairly well practiced with it after a month or two of doing that so it doesn't really bother me.

paul85

Post by paul85 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:00 pm

squid13 wrote:You need to get a hose management system. This is what i use and it's the best think I've bought so far. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/HoseBu ... ystem.html
I'm sorry, but that thing is a total rip off. $3.00 worth of materials and they are trying to fleece people for $50.00.

One could fashion something out of normal everyday household items for just a few bucks. Luckily I have a headboard that works as a hose management system, but $50.00 for that thing is just plain highway robbery.

xenablue

Post by xenablue » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:08 pm

I have a fairly high headboard, so use a 3M Command cable holder, which holds the tubing, as well as a large "S" hook to hang the mask on during the day, and it doesn't damage any surfaces. I have one in our camper, and always take a couple with me on vacation.

The tubing that rests against the headboard has a section of fleece cover to stop it hitting on the headboard and keeping us awake.

A lot depends on how your bedroom is set up, whether you have a headboard etc.

Cheers,
xena