My New Oximeter results!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
123.Shawn T.W.

My New Oximeter results!

Post by 123.Shawn T.W. » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:16 am

Got the CMS D Plus yesterday, I'm going in for my second study tonight . . . so I do not have an xpap machine yet . . .

I see one period that it lost signal (straight grey line), and I took it off for some reason in the night, I remember turning it off, but not why!

Anyways, I figured it would be worse, but there is that one spike down!

What are the little tic marks on the top and bottom of screen?

I also apologize for the poor picture, as I'm having difficulty getting my old laptop (window XP) signed into our wireless router here at home . . . so I just took a picture of the screen with my iPhone, then moved it to my Mac, then cropped it, and sent it to photobucket ...

What to you think of these results?

Last edited by 123.Shawn T.W. on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a man of peace, but if war comes to my door it will find me home." - Winston Churchill

BasementDwellingGeek

Re: My New Oximeter results!

Post by BasementDwellingGeek » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:29 am

Click on the wrench/screwdriver button to set the parameters that specify what an "event" is. The ticks are indications of the events. My graph doesn't look that good when I am on CPAP.

Last edited by BasementDwellingGeek on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
bdg
(PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine with C-Flex Plus and related humidifier as backup)

There are two types of people in this world. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data

-tim

Post by -tim » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:33 am

123.Shawn T.W. wrote:Got the CMS D Plus yesterday, I'm going in for my second study tonight . . . so I do not have an xpap machine yet . . .

I see one period that it lost signal (straight grey line), and I took it off for some reason in the night, I remember turning it off, but not why!

Anyways, I figured it would be worse, but there is that one spike down!

What are the little tic marks on the top and bottom of screen?

I also apologize for the poor picture, as I'm having difficulty getting my old laptop (window XP) signed into our wireless router here at home . . . so I just took a picture of the screen with my iPhone, then moved it to my Mac, then cropped it, and sent it to photobucket ...

What to you think of these results?
The tic marks seem to be when the signal changes. I would guess it would be related to the mathematical derivative of the signal or when the rate of change exceeds some value.

Your heart rate went up before the drop. I'm guessing you were moving then. If you had a recording CPAP at the same time, I would expect to see a change in your breathing at that time or a blip in the leak rate. Low 02 will ramp back up, not spike back up. SpO2 sensors are very bad with movement.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:41 am

Zoom in to the 10 or 1 minute view and see if you don't see a little grey in the line.
You can change the value for those event markers. I think the default is set at 3% change.
you can also right click on the graph area to get the % and time of that spot.
Left click displays an alternate viewing format.

123.Shawn T.W.

Post by 123.Shawn T.W. » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:45 am

BasementDwellingGeek wrote:Click on the wrench/screwdriver button to set the parameters that specify what an "event" is. The ticks are indications of the events. My graph doesn't look that good when I am on CPAP.
You mean this box?

Last edited by 123.Shawn T.W. on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a man of peace, but if war comes to my door it will find me home." - Winston Churchill

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:50 am

Yes, I think the defaults get set differently in the various versions.

ETA: That's good that you are getting a baseline before you get you machine.

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:10 am

3 - 4% drop are often used, and the time period ranges from 10 - 30 seconds. Many use 10 seconds.

Pulse rate change of 15 over a period of 30 seconds allows you to focus on more significant events.

One approach is to fiddle with the settings until you come up with a pretty clean report. Then you can evaluate other nights in reference to that one.

A pulmonologist can give guidance on the significance of the oxygen saturation scoring and settings, and a cardiologist can give guidance on the pulse scoring and settings.

cherylgrrl

Post by cherylgrrl » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:11 pm

I was also wondering about those "tick marks" at the top and bottom of the report. The colors indicate they relate, respectively, to oxygen saturation (green) and pulse. In this 10-minute view, the green blocks do seem to precede a drop, but the blue blocks don't seem to have any significance. I'd appreciate any insight...

Thanks,
Cheryl

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:30 am

Cheryl, if you r-click on the left and then the right end of those blocks, you will see that there is at least the difference in % that your software is set at, as in the above post.

123.Shawn T.W.

Post by 123.Shawn T.W. » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:13 am

I put the CMS-50D Plus on my wife last night (we don't have a xpap machine yet, and she does not have ins) here is what it shows:

And one hour section:

She looks to be in worse shape than me . . . !

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:45 am

Looks like you better start shopping craigslist.
If you can afford it...Autoset would be a plus but you could make a straight CPAP work.
I have a source for a brand new S9 AutoSet that is reliable and trustworthy and if there are warranty issues she will send the machine back to ResMed. I think she also offers a ResMed mask choice of the ones she has available (but I need to check).
$785 machine, humidifier, filter, SD card, climate line hose and travel bag... and that includes shipping. Send me a private message if you want more information on how she does things. I bought my S9 VPAP Auto from her and was totally pleased.
Costs a little more money than we normally see for craigslist items but in my case it was well worth it.
An option to consider if you can't find a better deal.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

123.Shawn T.W.

Post by 123.Shawn T.W. » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:08 am

Thanks so much for the offer, and connection . . . at the moment we are scarping the money together to make up the rest of my deductible on my ins, plus 20% for my machine and stuff . . . I also want to get her hooked up on mine, for a night or two, and see what it says, I may have to pull some money out of my IRA to buy her one, I have learned not to go cheap when it comes to equipment, and having FULL data capabilities are a MUST!

I'll get back with you in a few weeks about your offer . . . I do have a "extra" nasal pillow mask on it's way . . . already.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:26 am

You might also send member STL Mark a PM and see if he has anything.
In the meantime, are there any sleep hygiense issues she could improve on, or sleep position?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:32 am

Totally understand about the money situation. I forgot to mention forum member STLMark as a possible source. He sometimes can get his hands on S9 Autoset and I think he asks $450 to $475 for his findings. Also watch the forum because sometimes forum members sell their used backup machines. I got a used S9 Autoset for my step sister this way for $250. Had some hours on it but didn't hurt it at all and she loves it. Have to be prepared to move quickly on those deals though...they don't last long.
I will also keep an eye out on my local craigslist. I found a PR S1 Auto IQ that was brand spanking new for $175 and that also included a new mask. Deals can be found but it takes a bit of patience and luck.

The person I got my VPAP from..well that is how she makes money and I totally understand it. I had STL Mark looking for me for quite a while but he never could find me one...they are rather scarce so I bit the bullet and just used her. Don't regret it but for sure we can try less costly avenues first.

Any idea how long it will be before you finally get your machine?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Blessed2BeeAlive

Post by Blessed2BeeAlive » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:45 am

123.Shawn T.W. wrote:I put the CMS-50D Plus on my wife last night (we don't have a xpap machine yet, and she does not have ins) here is what it shows:

And one hour section:

She looks to be in worse shape than me . . . !
Yes: this is me. Thanks bud for posting this.