SleeyHead Wish

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
VikingGnome

SleeyHead Wish

Post by VikingGnome » Fri May 18, 2012 11:11 am

When I first put on my mask and when I take it off, it generates both leaks and CA events. It's obvious that these did not occur while asleep because of the timing (within 5-10 minutes) of putting it on. I also tend to hold my breath when I turn to my side and get all comfy. This generates CA events. Whenever I get up at night, the whole thing is repeated. So most of my CA and leaks are at the beginning and ending of a "session".

It would be nice if we had the ability to clip off the first part of each session to cut down on what are really non-events. It certainly would decrease total AHI because CA's are in there. So my idea is to allow the user to create a rectangle or even a line indicating the time period we want to ignore in the calculations. Don't delete the data. Just recalculate by ignoring the time periods indicated. That's my wish for SleepyHead. Can't do that with ResScan so would be a great advantage to all of us.

Pugsy

Re: SleeyHead Wish

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 18, 2012 11:24 am

That wish is already fulfilled.
You can adjust SleepyHead so that it ignores short sessions and you can set the time frame for ignoring.

File...Preferences....Import tab...second line "ignore short sessions" set slider for number of minutes..
I do 5 minutes but you can set it longer if you wish.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

VikingGnome

Post by VikingGnome » Fri May 18, 2012 12:07 pm

But that doesn't take care of the first 10-20 minutes of Long sessions where most of my events occur.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Oh, you want to manually eliminate specific time frame at your choosing...sorry..I misunderstood your request.
Something like what can be done with the pulse oximetery reports. Highlight and discount.

Only thing I can think of for right now is to get yourself all adjusted and reach over and briefly turn the machine off then back on again...this will create a short session and thus SH can be set to eliminate it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Fri May 18, 2012 7:11 pm

That would be a nice feature, but you can kind of kludge around it by highlighting/boxing the area you only want to include, then look up on top the flow chart and you'll see the AHI for 'only' that selection. Do any other areas you want to include, write them down, average and, voila, you'll have a rough idea of your real AHI. (or any other graphs/charts you need).

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri May 18, 2012 7:23 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:That would be a nice feature, but you can kind of kludge around it by highlighting/boxing the area you only want to include, then look up on top the flow chart and you'll see the AHI for 'only' that selection. Do any other areas you want to include, write them down, average and, voila, you'll have a rough idea of your real AHI. (or any other graphs/charts you need).
I had forgot about this feature. It does work. Of course it doesn't make the change permanent to the overall data like eliminating a short session but one can sure get an idea on a night by night basis.

pats

Post by pats » Sat May 19, 2012 7:46 am

Pugsy wrote:Oh, you want to manually eliminate specific time frame at your choosing...sorry..I misunderstood your request.
Something like what can be done with the pulse oximetery reports. Highlight and discount.

Only thing I can think of for right now is to get yourself all adjusted and reach over and briefly turn the machine off then back on again...this will create a short session and thus SH can be set to eliminate it.
One way of approaching this might be to add a feature for splitting a session at a selected time into two consecutive sessions. The data would all be there, and by default would be combined, but either session could be removed from a report.