So frustrated

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tree777

So frustrated

Post by tree777 » Thu May 17, 2012 5:29 am

Hi I am new to this group and am extremely frustrated. I truly need help. I am using the Swift FX nasal pillow and it feels like the air flowing in is so strong. I am also using PR System One REMstar Plus CPAP Machine with C-Flex. I have tried the one that cover the whole nose but it was to bulky. Now with the nasal pillow it wakes me up feeling like I am full of air. Any suggestions, help at this point anything. Thank you so much.

Tigger

Re: So frustrated

Post by Tigger » Thu May 17, 2012 6:05 am

Hello Tree777, I have been using the Swift FX for a few months and it is going well with the exceptions of some air leaks, however, I usually can make adjustments to correct the issue. You mention that the air flow seems too strong, what is your pressure set at? It may need to be adjusted by your DME or sleep doctor. You may also want to increase the Ramp up time, so you are fully asleep before the full force of your pressure is reached. As far as the being full of air feeling. I think this will pass as your body gets use to this new method of sleeping. I would suggest placing your tongue up to the roof of your mouth while keeping your mouth closed. Do not clench your teeth, keep relaxed. This may also help keeping the full of air feeling at bay. I know it is frustrating, we all have been there and some nights can become frustrating even after using the CPAP for some time. It does get better and you will feel better. Good luck!

Sheriff Buford

Re: So frustrated

Post by Sheriff Buford » Thu May 17, 2012 6:58 am

Tree: please post your equipment in your profile so we can see what type of equipment you have. Air in the stomach is normal. If you have an autopap, you may be able to lower your lower pressure. What are your leak rates? Please provide some data so we can help you. We can help you thru every issue you have with more info... do be discouraged.

Sheriff