Colorado & CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
OKCCowboy

Colorado & CPAP

Post by OKCCowboy » Sat May 05, 2012 10:36 am

Howdy Folks!

I've a question. I noticed when I downloaded the data for my cpap machine that I am running at 19-20 since moving to Colorado. Does that mean I need to be retested and put on a different type of machine?

Thanks
John

Re: Colorado & CPAP

Post by Guest » Sat May 05, 2012 11:27 am

That's not sufficient information to even make a rudimentary guess about what advice to give.

It appears that you are using an APAP in a range of pressures......... What are your pressure settings?
Are you using EPR? What setting?
What pressures were you seeing in OK?
What were your statistics in OK and what are they now in CO? (AHI, leak, etc.,etc.)

It's hard to answer questions without any information to go on.

ameriken

Post by ameriken » Sat May 05, 2012 11:41 am

Depending on the elevation and climate you were originally titrated at you may find a difference because of the thinner and dryer air and you may require more pressure. I don't know if you will need a whole new titration, but if it were me I'd be adjusting my settings by increasing the pressure by .5 or 1 cm every few nights to see what it does to my AHI until I have it under 10 or so. If you don't like doing your own settings, a phone call to your sleep doc may be in order to discuss. Preferably a sleep doc in Colorado who is more familiar with how the climate and altitude difference may affect sleep apnea and its therapy.
Thinking of quitting CPAP?

No problem, here's the first thing to do when you quit:

Advanced funeral planning. When you give up CPAP, you'll probably need it.

ClayL
Location: Palisade, CO now, was Full time in a motor home for 12 years- Anywhere USA

Post by ClayL » Sat May 05, 2012 12:22 pm

We spend time in Grand Junction CO. My sleep doctor said it is common for clear airway apneas to increase at higher altitudes.
That being said, we are back in CO at 5000 feet after wintering in AZ at 1000 feet and my AHI and CLA are lower than they have been in a year. Go figure..
Respironics DreamStation
Pressure = 11.5 min 14.5 max
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF