Help with Resmed Auto 25 data acquisition please

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepingDVader

Help with Resmed Auto 25 data acquisition please

Post by SleepingDVader » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:47 am

Recently bought a low-time Resmed Auto 25 to use as a travel/backup unit and really do like it since using it on a couple of 4 and 5 day business runs. I was provided with the previous owners data card but need the proprietary card reader from Resmed to be able to download to Sleepyhead or ResScan. 1) Will I need to find/download any additional drivers once I locate a card reader?...2)Will I be able to fill in the blanks in ResScan (for the missing nights in my S9 data) by simply downloading my recent data to my existing patient file...or 3) will I need to create a separate patient file for the data from the Auto 25? Finally, 4) can anyone direct me to a relatively inexpensive venue to buy the card reader from? Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Pugsy

Re: Help with Resmed Auto 25 data acquisition please

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:56 am

SleepyHead won't work at all with the Smart card and the special card reader.

ResScan 3.16 offers the driver software as part of download.

You will likely need 2 separate user profiles in ResScan. I don't think you can mix machine data in ResScan but you can try.

There is no cheap source for the smart card reader.
Even if you can find the special ACR 38 card reader and make your own..it isn't cheap but it is less costly than buying the ResMed Card reader and Ebay is the only source that I know of and those sellers are in Israel. $75 to $100 unless you spot someone selling theirs as used.

Jay Aitchsee has a post somewhere on how to make your own card reader.
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=56730
You can search his posts to find out how. It does take a very special ACR 38 card reader though so you have to make sure that you get the right one and that often isn't easy to do because the sellers don't always tell you correctly which it is.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SleepingDVader

Post by SleepingDVader » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:34 am

Pugsy, many thanks for the information. I'll see if I can track down the information put out by Mr. Aitchese. Seems like a waste to not capture this information and fill in the blanks for my therapy data. Take care.

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:48 pm

There is one on eBay for $60: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Resmed-ResScan- ... 2114wt_922

And Pugsy is right, in ResScan you have to create a separate Patient File for the new machine.

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

SleepingDVader

Post by SleepingDVader » Fri May 04, 2012 6:16 am

Thanks for your input, I really do appreciate the help. Don't know where I'd be now if it weren't for wise folks in this forum with a propensity to help others. All the best.

dtsm

Post by dtsm » Fri May 04, 2012 7:42 am

RandyJ wrote:There is one on eBay for $60: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Resmed-ResScan- ... 2114wt_922
GRAB IT, these are sometimes impossible to find!

SleepingDVader

Post by SleepingDVader » Fri May 04, 2012 11:01 am

Thanks for the advice DTSM...I will. I'd gone to Ebay and was a little concerned because the seller had listed 7 as available and there were 11 sold! So I shot an email to the seller and he affirms that he has quite a few and is offering just a few at a time. So I will get one from him, (unless the gent that sent me a PM offering one for slightly less answers my PM). I do have one more question and it has to do with the original owner's data card. I've changed the settings on this machine to my prescription, but I believe before I plug in the ResScan card that he provided with the machine, that I'll need to delete the information on it or the settings will overwrite my settings....I think. I guess time will tell.