Sleepyhead quit downloading my data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DLB

Sleepyhead quit downloading my data

Post by DLB » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:52 pm

I downloaded and used sleepyhead fine for about a week and then it quit recognizing new data on my SD Card. Works fine with Encore. I have PRS1 BiPap AutoSV Advanced 950. I have tried on both Mac and PC with same results. Maybe starting with a new card would help???
Thanks,
DLB

Additional Comments: Resmed Airfit P10 Mask, ZEO EEG, Contec CMS-50 SpO2, Philips SO BiPAP Auto as Backup.

DrPepper00

Re: Sleepyhead quit downloading my data

Post by DrPepper00 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Are you sure it is pointing to the drive the card is in and not to the files?

SleepyToo2

Post by SleepyToo2 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:15 am

Have you made any changes to your USB drives - the one where your card reader is may have "moved" so that the "usual" location where SH looks for the files is no longer the actual location of the files.

DLB

Post by DLB » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:17 am

Yes, I have tried mny times and many different ways. Sleepyhead sees the structure and tells me it can't find new data. I had one day that I napped for an hour and it found that, but not full nights data before and after.

I tried pointing to E:\.
I tried pointing to E:\P-Series.
I tried every other directory in the structure.
I tried copying the whole card to the hard drive and pointing to every directory in that structure.
I tried deleting all data files except for the current date.
I tried, renameing data files.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Sleepyhead.
Next, I will reformat and try with the fresh card.

I noticed that on CPAP.com EncoreViewer2.0 does not support the 60 series or my 50 series machine. Perhaps it was pure luck that it worked with Sleepyhead at all???

I'm really bummed, because I like the detail that Sleepyhead provides.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
DLB

Additional Comments: Resmed Airfit P10 Mask, ZEO EEG, Contec CMS-50 SpO2, Philips SO BiPAP Auto as Backup.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:32 am

Assuming SleepyHead Beta Version..

The directory root letter is all that is pointed to ....to backslashes..no other switches.
In my case root drive E and this is a fresh image..just now for last night's data.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

DLB

Post by DLB » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:45 am

Hi Pugsy,

For sanity sake, I tried again with just E: and it still didn't work.

Thanks,
DLB

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:51 am

How very odd. When you uninstalled SleepyHead Beta did you go into the MyDocuments and remove the SleepApp folder? It won't leave with an uninstall. Must be removed manually.
That would be the only thing I can think of. Something weird going on for sure. I know the drive letter thing is correct.
How about a different version of SleepyHead?

What version of Encore are you using?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

DLB

Post by DLB » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:56 am

Hi Pugsy,

I just reformatted my card and put it back in the machine and it freshly rewrote the data to the card. Sleepyhead downloads data, but only the days it downloaded previously and the rest of the days show up with no data.

... trying some new stuff...

After installing 3 different versions, I noticed that partial data is getting imported for most of the days, but it is getting cut off or something during the import. The settings in program are defaulted to ignore sessions less than 5 minutes. When I reduce to 0 minutes, a very little snipet of data shows up on most days. It appears that Sleepyhead is not properly importing the data.

I have tried 0.92, 0.91, 0.88 with basically the same results.

Is there a way to report bugs to the author? I can't find a place on the program website.

Thanks,
DLB

DLB

Post by DLB » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:59 am

I figured out how to leave feeback on the Sleepyhead Sourceforge sight.

Thanks,
DLB

DLB

Post by DLB » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:26 am

OK, so I have been keeping a spreadsheet with my settings and results, just until I get my new machine dialed in. I noticed that the nights that sleepyhead successfully downloaded data, that I have the Backup Rate, Breaths per minute, set to AUTO and that the days that the download failed, I had the Backup Rate set to OFF. Last night I turned Backup Rate back to AUTO and today, SleepyHead uploaded and is displaying the data fine.

Unfortunately, I can't stand Backup Rate on auto as I am aroused when I feel it try to pace my breath. My average breath rates have been ranging in the 15-17bpm range, so maybe if I just set the Backup Rate to a low number, like 8 or 10, the data will still work, but the algorithm won't try to trigger my breathes as aggressively such that it will cause an arousal. ???

JediMark, if you are monitoring, it would be great if you could look into this issue! Thanks!

Thanks,
DLB

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:39 am

Please update your equipment in your profile....you still show M series and a mention of PR S1 APAP and no mention of the machine that gives you back up rate choices.

It is possible that this a bug with SleepyHead and the high end machine that you have.
Though others have used the various ASV models with backup rates and no problem with Sleepyhead.

DLB

Post by DLB » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:40 am

I just noticed that one other setting also correlates with the failures. That setting is PSmin, Minimum Pressure Support. When I have this set to zero, the data imports, but when I have it set to anything else, the data does not import. I guess, it will take a few more nights to work through the combinations to build a higher confidence around whether there is a consistant error and whether it more strongly correlates to one of these settings.

I doubt the PSmin setting would be the cause, as it seams that others have been talking about using a variety of pressure support settings in the forums, but maybe not the same combination of settings on the same machine???

Thanks,
DLB

DLB

Post by DLB » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:42 am

I just remembered to check the settings for the day that SleepyHead imported my nap, but not the full nights data. Only difference is that for my nap, I had the Backup Rate set to AUTO and for the nights sleep, I changed the Backup Rate to OFF! I had the PSmin and PSmax the same during both periods eliminating the PSmin correlation and confirming the Backup Rate correlation as the apparent cause of the data import bug!!!

Hopefully, this is an easy fix for JediMark!

In the meantime, I have some questions about Breath Rate (Backup Rate) settings and TI (Inspiratory Time) settings, but will create a seperate thread for that.

Thanks,
DLB

DLB

Post by DLB » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:50 am

DLB wrote:In the meantime, I have some questions about Breath Rate (Backup Rate) settings and TI (Inspiratory Time) settings, but will create a seperate thread for that.
I found answers to my questions is this informative thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61719&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... atory+Time

To summarize,
1) Breathe Rate is a Backup Rate and will only trigger a breathe if the actual breathe rate goes down to the set level.
2) Breathe Rate is typically set at 2-3bpm below the measured spontaneous level.
3) TI or Inspiratory Time is typically set about 1-1.2seconds to begin with.

I read elsewhere,
4) BPMmin should usually be 12 or greater for adequate CO2 removal.
5) Inspiration : Expiration ratio should be 1:2 or greater (ex. 1:3, 1:4, etc).

So my personal (non-medical professional, non medical advice) interpretation only for my personal application,
A) Since I maintain average breathe rate above 12 and Avg SpO2 above 90% with Breathe Rate = OFF, I wouldn't expect any negative results from a Breath Rate setting of 12bpm or less, as I expect to self trigger at a rate of 15-17bpm.
B) Setting TI from 1-1.2seconds to begin achieves a 1:2 or greater Inspiration to Expiration ratio. At a BPM of 15, this is about a 1:3 ratio.

I also note that my CA events are significantly lower when I have the Backup Rate=Auto than when Backup Rate=Off, so I am hopeful that I will find a setting for optimal therapy without the arousals that the AUTO setting is causing me.

I am also hopeful that the SleepyHead software will work with my new Backup Rate and TI settings, which I expect they will as the problem is corellated with Breath Rate=OFF.

Thanks,
DLB

bilwakka

Post by bilwakka » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Being frustrated with a non-working ResScan, I downloaded SleepyHead.
First download looked great - graphs and summary data were quite adequate for my needs.
But I've since lost the graphs.
I've obviously done something wrong, but what?
Any suggestions?

Cheers