New pressure doesn't seem to help

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Re: New pressure doesn't seem to help

Post by Julie » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi - I've got a question that might seem irrelevant, but what position do you sleep in?

cubism_dream

Post by cubism_dream » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:56 am

I sleep on my right side

Growlerman

Post by Growlerman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:59 pm

If you have had chronic reflux, you should consider a screening endoscopy to check the lower esophagus for a pre-cancerous condition called Barrett's Esophagus. It is treatable if caught in an early stage, while frank cancer of the esophagus has a high mortality rate.

torontoCPAPguy

Post by torontoCPAPguy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:41 pm

I found that supplementing with vitamins helped me a lot. Especially the D3 suppositories. God they taste awful.

Fall colours. One of God's gifts. Life is fragile and short, savour every moment no matter what your problems may be. These stunning fall colours from my first outing after surviving a month on life support due to H1N1.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:51 pm

torontoCPAPguy wrote:I found that supplementing with vitamins helped me a lot. Especially the D3 suppositories. God they taste awful.
You aren't supposed to take D3 suppositories out and taste them, I ask because I may be using mine wrong. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

kong

Post by kong » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:59 pm

avi123 wrote:Diagnosing Thyroid problems is easy. It's either Hyper (Grave's Disease) or Hypo (Hashimoto's Disease) while skipping on Goiter.
Diagnosing thyroid problems isn't always easy. My GP gave me Synthroid because I was hypothyroid. He ignored the thyroid nodule he felt. About a year later, I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer.They removed my throid gland and about 20 cancerous lymph nodes. If the cancer had been treated the year before it wouldn't have spread so far.