So comfy, you forget you're wearing it?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kwcrnp

Re: So comfy, you forget you're wearing it?

Post by kwcrnp » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:36 pm

I find my Quattro FX to be very comfortable and have woken up with a few seconds of "do I have my mask on still??"

The key is getting taught the proper fitting for the Quattro.
Kristi

jbn3boys

Post by jbn3boys » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:49 am

chunkyfrog wrote: Why could I NOT alter a cloth mask?
Maybe I can own the first sleepweaver full face mask.
Hmmm.
Now I like that idea! I was actually wishing the sleepweaver came in a full face mask!

aPAP for 4 months, Switched to BiPap, 2nd sleep study Feb 2011 Possible PLMD
to quote Madalot..."I'm an enigma"

nighthawk1938

Post by nighthawk1938 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:16 pm

I read someplace, but can't find it now, that Circadiance was working on a full-face version of the SleepWeaver.

I'm on my third SleepWeaver, first time with the Advance headgear and the featherlight hose extender, both of which I like. Another fairly comfortable mask is the FX for Her, have a couple of those which I occasionally switch back to.

mKmVjzeOBjOuuQOjir

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:27 am

Review by rumpelstiltskin for Rating: I've tried more than six other masks and ytsles and always had a blend of problems until I used this mask. This mask has been comfortable and effective. Other masks made the bridge of my nose sore and leaked air. This mask seals at the nostril and doesn't need to be too tight. It took a little practice to get the straps at the right tension. Surprisingly it stays in place on my face even when I turn my head or sleep on my side. It's a relief to be able to do that. My wife says it's the quietest of the masks I've used. Another positive is that I can read because there isn't any blockage from a forehead brace or hose getting in the way. It's easy to clean and very easy to reassemble. In fact, the pillow cushions just slip on and off two small pegs that hold it in place. My nose and throat get a little dry so I use an attached CPAP humidifier to help but that is the most annoying problem for now. I find the built in chin strap works well but if it's too tight it will make the sealing of the pillow cushions more difficult. It has worked well for me and I tried comfort gel and all the others. This one has worked the best.

Gaga58

Post by Gaga58 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:29 am

I use both the Sleepweaver and Swift Fx for Her...I love both of these masks and can barely tell either one is on unless I have a strange night of extra leaking. I do think as far as comfort, the SW has the Swift beat!!

macewa

Post by macewa » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:00 am

I know it's not for everyone, but I wake up thinking I don't have a mask on with my Total Face FitLife mask. No more nose pain, no more headaches in the morning Only problem is it leaks at the top and my DME says that problem is being fixed and when the new masks come in I will get one. Only other problem is if your nose starts to itch, you can't scratch.
Knabino wrote:I'm having the problem that I subconsciously "feel" or "notice" my mask in the night, and half-asleep half-awake, I remove it.

The last two masks I bought were nasal pillows, based on the idea that if the mask is smaller, it's less visible.

I'd like to buy my next mask on the premise of sensation, not visual. Is there a mask that is so comfortable or flexible that one forgets that she's wearing a mask?

Any recommendations? I'm looking for example maybe at Mirage Activa™ Nasal CPAP Mask.

portiemom

Post by portiemom » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:45 pm

I've tried the Mirage FX and the Swift Lt for her and like them both, but I LOVE my Bella Loops, consistant low AHI and the past few nights AHI .29 or .24.

snoringshrink

Post by snoringshrink » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:46 pm

I agree about the Quattro FX. It's been an extremely comfortable mask for me.

-- Make a fast friend...Adopt a greyhound!
-- visit http://greyhoundadoption.org