ResMed S9 Card to ResMed S9 Card?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DJ_Boxer

ResMed S9 Card to ResMed S9 Card?

Post by DJ_Boxer » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:50 am

I am wondering if I were to purchase a ResMed S9 SD card (which I have found a site that sells them) will it copy over everything that the original card has? I will be using 2 card readers one with the original card and the second one with the new card.

DJ
"Embrace your dreams"- Angeal Hewley

Lizistired

Re: ResMed S9 Card to ResMed S9 Card?

Post by Lizistired » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:32 am

It's just a standard SD card. You can pick one up anywhere. The machine will format the card and write the data it has to the new card. Why are you getting a new card?

Perrybucsdad

Post by Perrybucsdad » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:34 am

Why not just buy a 1Gb card from Walmart (or any retailer)? Will more than likely be less expensive and is exactly the same.

Best way to copy the cards would be via DOS. You can then ensure that you copy all hidden files too. For example, let's say the Old card is in Drive O (for Old) and the new card (the destination) is in drive N (for New). From the DOS prompt, you would type the following...

Code: Select all

xcopy O:\ N:\   /E /V /C /I /k /H /Y  
And then just hit the enter key. Note the O:\ and N:\ in the example above need to be replaced with the drive letter that you will have assigned to the two SD cards.

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:21 pm

There must be more to it than that. See the post by idamtnboy on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:40 pm here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=71234&p=658137#p658137

I tried the DOS command you posted, to copy from my F drive to my J drive. It copied everything, but the S9 still did not like it, and gave me the invalid data message. I think making an exact copy is beyond the abilities of the average user.

Last edited by JeffL on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:51 pm

JeffL wrote:I think making an exact copy is beyond the abilities of the average user.
Why do you need to make an exact copy

Cheers,

Bill

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:56 pm

billbolton wrote: Why do you need to make an exact copy
It has to be an exact copy if you want to put it in the S9, and not have the S9 tell you that the data needs to be erased because the data is invalid. See the explanation in the posting I linked to above.

I haven't tried just using a copy to upload to ResScan, but haven't had a reason to try either..
OK, I just tried importing data from the copied card into ResScan, and it didn't choke on it. So it looks like ResScan will accept a copy of the card, but the S9 won't.

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:14 pm

JeffL wrote:OK, I just tried importing data from the copied card into ResScan, and it didn't choke on it. So it looks like ResScan will accept a copy of the card, but the S9 won't.
You've got it! In fact, you can copy dozens of days of detail and hi-res data onto the S9 card and Resscan will import it all. The only restriction is that the summary data file has to cover the time span that includes all the detail and hi-res data edf & crc files. This is how you can reconstruct your patient file in Resscan if it gets butchered, providing you have all the files backed up on your PC so you can copy them to an SD card.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:59 pm

I'll never reconstruct anything from it again. Backup you patient file and move on.

Same as Bill Bolton,... to the OP, why are you doing this?

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:25 pm

Lizistired wrote:I'll never reconstruct anything from it again. Backup you patient file and move on.

Same as Bill Bolton,... to the OP, why are you doing this?
Yep, that is the best approach. Fortunately my program installation manager, Ashampoo Uninstaller 4, saved my rear last night. I was having problems with the card reader part of the program, devicescan2.exe, loading the CPU to 99%, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Resscan 3.14. You guessed it. I did not have an up-to-date backup of the patient folder and it disappeared. Finally found it in the Ashampoo directory. Not sure if an uninstall and reinstall of Resscan directly from Win Explorer wipes out the patient folder or not.

The 99% CPU loading turned out to be the result of installing USB drivers for my wife's LG phone. Got rid of them and all is OK.

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:58 pm

idamtnboy - What is the path the the ResScan data? It would be redundant, since I backup the Datalog, but maybe I'll add it to my Carbonite backup.

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:22 pm

JeffL wrote:idamtnboy - What is the path the the ResScan data? It would be redundant, since I backup the Datalog, but maybe I'll add it to my Carbonite backup.
For win XP it's \Program Files\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients. There's a folder there with your patient name on it. Another screw up by Resmed, putting user data into the program directory.
Someone using Win 7 will have to tell you as I don't know. If you have Win 7 maybe you can find it based on the above XP path.

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:36 pm

Thanks. Found it. I'm using XP.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:00 pm

C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\"patient name"
It's here in windows 7.

DJ_Boxer

Post by DJ_Boxer » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:21 am

I am doing this so I have a backup or two in-case of card failure.
"Embrace your dreams"- Angeal Hewley

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:47 pm

DJ_Boxer wrote:I am doing this so I have a backup or two in-case of card failure.
if a card fails just use a new one, there is no benefit in doing anything else.

Cheers,

Bill