Headaches on APAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Janelle

Headaches on APAP

Post by Janelle » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:25 am

I've been using 420E for over a year. But recently, I've been waking up with headaches, just like I did pre xPAP, which go away within an hour or so of getting up.

Has anyone had this happening to them? This morning when I woke up my pressure was at 10, even wide awake. FL1 is set to 0. My average pressure since losing weight has been 4 to 5. Sleeping 7 hours.

I'll see my Sleep Dr./Neurologist next week and ask him, too. But I'm really curious.

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:17 am

Allergy season?
Extreme exhaustion?
Leaks?
Almost invisible perforations?

O.

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:24 am

Hey Janelle, weird, but I've woken with a headache the last 2 days and wondering what the heck is going on. And yes, it goes away within an hour (just like pre-pap days). It's been over a month since I switched to the Aura and 2 weeks for the heated hose. Plus, my stats on the card reader and reports look fine - in fact my AHI is down from when I used the Nasalaire.

I'm going to go back to my standard hose for a few nights to see if that makes a difference. Also, I'm going to double check my Aura to make sure I haven't compressed the exhaust system.

I don't think mine are allergies because I have them year round and take medication for them.

Let's keep each other informed as to what works or doesn't work. I'll be interested in what your doctor says.

capt

Post by capt » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:53 am

Janell, I reduced my headaches by increasing my humidifier setting. I have all my equipment (apap, humidifier,aussie hose) all hooked up to a power bar. I found that turning on the power for the heated hose and humidifier about a half hour before I go to bed also helps to get everything warm and moist at the very start of turning on the apap. I know what works for me may not work for someone else, but I thought I would offer an idea for you to try. Headaches are simply awful to cope with. HTH

tlc95066

Post by tlc95066 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:06 pm

I have started to have headaches again also, not really sure why either. My headaches don't go away on there own, I have to use advil. I just recently started using the Swift, which by the way i love! I recently started using tape on my mouth (tegaderm) because apparently I am a mouth breather.

I have been watching the results from my smart card reader and they seem to be consistant.

Avg Obst Apnea - 1.8 - 2.4
Avg Hyp Apnea - 1.1 - 2.1
Avg Leak Rate. 25 - 30

I guess something is out of whack...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

hecate

Post by hecate » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:12 pm

I wonder if those of you who have just switched interfaces are holding your heads stiff or in a different position? I noticed when I began using my swift I was holding my head a little stiff to stop it moving in the pillow.

Liz

Janelle

Post by Janelle » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:29 pm

My first thought was I was covering up the vent exhaust with the sheet or my arms or something, but last night my hands were no where near the vent and neither were the sheets. I'm very careful when snuggling down to make sure they are clear of the mask.

My humidifier is set to 3. I'll try 4 tonight. I'm getting great sleep. You would be shocked at all I have done just in the last few days with hubbie out of town fishing: cleaned out the guest room closet, put all the Xmas stuff in storage boxes and rearranged everything there. Moved 3 file cabinets after empting them, into the closet to store most of my genealogy loose papers. Vacuumed the hall, office, guest and master bedrooms. Moved the big computer desk to another wall, after unhooking everything and moving them to another place while I did so, then hooked it all back up. Decided the desk really needed to be about 2 feet farther over, so took everything off again, removed drawers, and pushed it over. Ooops, forgot to get the plastic thingee UNDER the desk so the rollout cart where the printer goes, but doesn't in my case, will come out. So I had to lift up the front on each side of the knee hole to do that. Went through more papers and sorted and threw away a bunch. Tomorrow, the family room floor gets cleaned.

Then hubby will probably arrive late tomorrow, come into the office after complimenting me on how nice the floor looks in the family room, and sit down at the computer asking why did I move it. I explain why, and after an hour he will say he doesn't like it that way. I'll mention that he can see the deer out the window on the left by just turning his head when they are out feeding at night, and in the daytime he can see what the yard and kennel dogs are up to when they bark by just looking out the window in front of him and slightly bending to the right. What more could you ask for?

Of course, also this way, I can get another computer and put it on the desk on the opposite wall and we won't be in each other's way.

What was the subject of this thread again?? Oh, and the answer to the first question: fatigued? I'd say not at all.

Julie

Headaches -

Post by Julie » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:32 pm

Hi, where I live (NE), we've suddenly gotten 'winter' in the past few wks (thought we might get away without it (':lol:'). I think the air pressure is different now, and that could have an effect on your Cpap experience ... at least I think it might. Anyone else?

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): CPAP