can't access apneasupport.org

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
echo

can't access apneasupport.org

Post by echo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:37 am

Are these guys blocking IPs or something?? I cannot get onto
http://www.apneasupport.org/ or any of their subpages... I'm trying to view some old posts and all I get is
"403 Forbidden"
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /viewtopic.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Eeeeh?
PR System One APAP, 10cm
Activa nasal mask + mouth taping w/ 3M micropore tape + Pap-cap + PADACHEEK + Pur-sleep
Hosehead since 31 July 2007, yippie!

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:54 am

They did have some jerk dropped in 4-5 posts. The one I caught said he'd talked to one of the large manufacturer's reps who'd referred to cpap.com specifically and some online DME suppliers as selling "gray items" I think was the term used. They eliminated all his posts and banned whoever it was.

I just went there to make sure it is up and running and it is. apenasupport, that is. NOT the offending posts.

Last edited by Slinky on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Women are Angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly.....on a broomstick. We are flexible like that.
My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:55 am

It came up in my browser just now. Maybe they had a momentary glitch when you tried it.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:02 am

Slinky wrote:They did have some jerk dropped in 4-5 posts. The one I caught said he'd talked to one of the large manufacturer's reps who'd referred to cpap.com specifically and some online DME suppliers as selling "gray items" I think was the term used. They eliminated all his posts and banned whoever it was.

I just went there to make sure it is up and running and it is. apenasupport, that is. NOT the offending posts.
Could be (or not) the same person who PM'd me about wanting to know if I was a CPAP manufacturer. They're from China and wanted to know about selling/distributing pulse-oximeters. I politely declined.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

echo

Post by echo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:03 am

just tried it again (not the post, but just the normal site).
Still FORBIDDEN
Funny thing is that I've NEVER posted there! I'll try from my BF's computer or from work and report back...
(BTW this has been going on for a long time and it finally bugged me today)
PR System One APAP, 10cm
Activa nasal mask + mouth taping w/ 3M micropore tape + Pap-cap + PADACHEEK + Pur-sleep
Hosehead since 31 July 2007, yippie!

gulfpearl

Post by gulfpearl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:28 pm

Echo that site does block IP addresses especially outside the US. I just emailed them & they asked for my IP address so they could unblock it. The reason they gave me was spam attacks from IPs outside the US.If you want to access the site try e-mailing them.

sTu Helper

Re: can't access apneasupport_(org)

Post by sTu Helper » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:53 am

I know this thread is a bit old, but just confirming that apneasupport_(org) are fairly active at blocking IP addresses. I've never even used their site but I'm getting "403 forbidden" as well. I checked their site from a friends computer and there was no problems accessing it. So I guess I'll have to email them with my IP address and ask if they'll unblock it. I'm assuming that I'm just part of some address range that they've made a blanket ban on.

williamco

Re: can't access apneasupport.org

Post by williamco » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:01 am

Clear your cach (History files) and you will be able to get in.
appneasupport.org is the biggest lobby for sleep doctors, sleep labs, cpap manufacturers, and if you say anything that is against their business and their interest they will block you.

Like if you help some one to change their CPAP pressure without going to a doctor, buy used CPAP or used mask, diagnose themselves, treat themselves, buying cpap from china..etc Any of these helps is against their financial interest and they will block you

avi123

Post by avi123 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:48 pm

I just checked and I am not blocked even after I had this conv with the moderator Daniel Levi some time ago:

http://www.apneasupport.org/commercial- ... 26435.html

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:19 am

They aren't very friendly over there.. They didn't like me mentioning my software one little bit.. Deleted my post :-/

I only dared to post because several users over there were asking questions about SleepyHead. I didn't even post a link.

I kinda want to know now if I am peeving the people behind CPAPTalk.. I know they are a heck of a lot more forgiving than the other sleep forums out there, and I'm very grateful for it.

Am I doing something evil and am too darn stupid to realize?

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:29 am

jedimark wrote: Am I doing something evil and am too darn stupid to realize?
No. and No.

One of the reasons I don't frequent that "other" forum was the very strict atmosphere. I don't like anyone telling me how to think. I think they are sponsored by the medical community..hence the no commercial links and it is taboo to tell someone how to get to the clinician set up menu. Way too restrictive for my taste. Always referring the person back to the doctor who, if he was doing his job right, one wouldn't be on the forum with problems anyhow.

Did they send you a message about why they deleted your post? Geez, just because someone has the software doesn't mean they have to change something.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:16 am

Pugsy wrote:
jedimark wrote: Am I doing something evil and am too darn stupid to realize?
No. and No.

One of the reasons I don't frequent that "other" forum was the very strict atmosphere. I don't like anyone telling me how to think. I think they are sponsored by the medical community..hence the no commercial links and it is taboo to tell someone how to get to the clinician set up menu. Way too restrictive for my taste. Always referring the person back to the doctor who, if he was doing his job right, one wouldn't be on the forum with problems anyhow.

Did they send you a message about why they deleted your post? Geez, just because someone has the software doesn't mean they have to change something.
It is certainly very strict..

Yeah, I did end up getting a message.. It was a valid reason and he was polite.. Pending on approval.. I'll wait and see what they say..

I need to try my best to make friends with both the medical community and the patients if my software is ever going to be taken seriously. :-/

SleepyHead is being made just for us "patients". But the framework it's built on would be a great for the other side of the equation too.

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:09 am

Help

Post by woeisme on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:11 am
I can't log in

I don't like when people abuse the spam button by deleting posts which revived old posts.

In any case, I just checked that link and it routes to the FB page of American Sleep Apnea Association.
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:24 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Help

Post by woeisme on Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:11 am
I can't log in

I don't like when people abuse the spam button by deleting posts which revived old posts.

In any case, I just checked that link and it routes to the FB page of American Sleep Apnea Association.
Same here but the second link says unavailable, try back in a few minutes. I've never been to either link before now!
Morbius, are you bored?

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:44 am

Out of curiosity, I attempted to bring up the apnea board just now (not the link above, but http://www.apneaboard.com/) and got an "error loading feed data" on what appears to be the main page. Then I clicked on the Forum link, and I got this: http://www.apneaboard.com/fuckyou.html

Hmmm...
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.