death of member

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Nord

Re: death of member

Post by Nord » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:13 pm

I cannot tell you how much your replies have helped my family and I deal with our grief. Some days it still seems impossible to believe that it actually happened. All your words have been tremendously comforting and I know my husband would have been extremely appreciative of all your support.

My husband's death has made me realize how extremely unprepared we were. You always think that it will never happen to you. If you ever think about doing your own preparations please contact your local funeral home. They have a wonderful book that can help you let your family what your wishes are. When a death is sudden some of these little details can make a whole lot of difference in the amount of stress that you put on the family. In addition make sure that all your financial preparations are in place. I must admit that my husband and I have both been lax in this area. I have made arrangements so that my children do not have to suffer quite so much.

My children are a testament too all my husbands wonderful strengths and together we will get through this. After all my daughter is expecting a baby next February. We are looking forward to that.

Thank you all again and I wish the best for all you in dealing with this distressing disease.

All our Love

Nord's family
aka Gord Norwood
Last edited by Nord on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your partner.

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:48 pm

I am sorry for your loss, its too soon. Your family is in my prayers tonight.
EPAP min=6, EPAP max=15, PS min=3, PS max=12, Max Pressure=30, Backup Rate=8 bpm, Flex=0, Rise Time=1,
90% EPAP=7.0, Avg PS=4.0, Avg bpm 18.3, Avg Min vent 9.2 Lpm, Avg CA/OA/H/AHI = 0.1/0.1/2.1/2.3 ... updated 02/17/12

borgready

Post by borgready » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:15 am

sleep apnea is so common. It is like a flaw in people. The result is usually a heart attack. So that is what you hear about are heart attacks and heart disease. The cause is usually sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a long term process. See my posting: How sleep apnea effects the heart. Add to it about the details of the the disease process if you know. Usually people keep it to themselves.

SleepyT

Post by SleepyT » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:45 am

I am so sorry to hear about Nord. I will hold you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for letting us know.
"Knowledge is power."

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:46 am

My sympathy to you and your family on the death of Nord. I hold you all in my prayers.

I wish that I could adequately convey the feelings we all have upon the loss of a loved one. Unfortunately, words fail me. So, I offer the poem "One More" by Maranda G. Brice. Though she wrote this one the death of a cousin, it does a good job of expressing the yearning we all have upon the loss of a loved one.
Maranda G. Brice wrote:
One More

When the sunny skies turn from blue to gray,
I can't help but wonder just what you would say?

I wonder if you know how many lives you have touched,
Do you know that people here love you so much?

Can you even know how many dreams you made come true,
Or if you can hear the voices saying I love you?

Do you know how many lives you have changed,
And how many lives you completely rearranged?

I wish I could have just one more year,
Because I can't picture the rest of my life without you here.

Just another chance to spend the night, and share a laugh,
Another day of school with you is what I'd like to have.

Do you know you'll be greatly missed by us all?
Just one more time I want to hear you're voice when I call.

Just one more laugh, one more time to see you walk through the door
Another smile, another story, another hug, another day...Just one more.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

Roger2

Post by Roger2 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Nord wrote:My husband's death has made me realize how extremely unprepared we were. You always think that it will never happen to you.
Mrs. Norwood,

Please permit me to add our sympathy with your current loss. It appears from your note that you are taking necessary steps to move your life forward.

Below are some words from a past American theologian, --Reinhold Niebuhr, that I hope you might find some solace in;
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
We will keep you in our prayers and wish the best for what is to come in your life.

Roger

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:03 pm

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband.

My thoughts go out to you and your family at this difficult time.