Pad-a-Cheek Anti-Leak Strap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mikeandtina59

Pad-a-Cheek Anti-Leak Strap

Post by mikeandtina59 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:46 pm

Greetings, again!

Do all the pad-a-cheek products help cut down on leaks or is it just mainly the anti-leak strap?
Thank you in advance for your help!!
I am currently using the ResMed Quattro FX mask.
(ignore my profile -- it shows the nasal pillows but I can't remember how to update it)

Determined to cut the leaks!

Tina

rogerconnelly

Re: Pad-a-Cheek Anti-Leak Strap

Post by rogerconnelly » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Hopefully you'll get more replies here - but I thought I'd share my experience - I have found a vast improvement in leaks by using both the mask liners and the extra strap sold on the padacheek site. I guess I haven't done much experimenting with just one or the other - both seems like an easy investment to me and both have worked well for me I'm just learning how to read the data from my machine, so I can't give you numbers on how my actual leaks have reduced since switching to the padacheek products - but what I am able to say is that I used to get woken up by leaks around my nose going into my eyes, or leaks down near my mouth and chin area - but now I have none of those problems. I fall asleep with a good seal around my mask - no leaks - and I'm not woken up at all by any leaks throughout the night. Good luck!

ameriken

Post by ameriken » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:53 pm

mikeandtina59 wrote:Greetings, again!

Do all the pad-a-cheek products help cut down on leaks or is it just mainly the anti-leak strap?
Thank you in advance for your help!!
I am currently using the ResMed Quattro FX mask.
(ignore my profile -- it shows the nasal pillows but I can't remember how to update it)

Determined to cut the leaks!

Tina
I'm glad you asked, I was just looking at the site and wondering the same thing. I've also got the QFX mask and was trying to figure out which was the right product to order as well.
Thinking of quitting CPAP?

No problem, here's the first thing to do when you quit:

Advanced funeral planning. When you give up CPAP, you'll probably need it.

dsm

Post by dsm » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:31 pm

Thanks for this thread. Reminded me I wanted to order a replacement anti-leak strap. Current one is about 18 months+ old.

DSM
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

lullaby

Post by lullaby » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:58 pm

I was wondering exactly the same thing so i purchased a mask liner and anit-leak strap. I have a Quattro FFM and so far, i've only tried the mask liner. Best investment i could have made. It's really cut down on the leaks - so much so that i haven't had to use the strap yet. It's also enabled me to spend my first whole night with a mask on!

mikeandtina59

Post by mikeandtina59 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks very much. I am now ordering the mask liners and the anti-leak strap.
I appreciate the advice very much and can't wait to try out these products!

Tina