Resmed S9 Problems.....Can you help?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepyDB

Resmed S9 Problems.....Can you help?

Post by sleepyDB » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:15 am

Just started with the Climateline hose a few months ago, and I love it. For some reason, though, now that the weather is warmer, I've been having some trouble with it.

A few weeks ago I kept getting a error message that said to replace the hose. If I unpugged the unit, the message would go away at first and the machine would work properly. AFter a few nights, that didn't work. I called the DME and they quickly (surprise, surprise!) replaced the machine with a new S9. They said it was a malfunction in the machine and not the hose. All has been great for a few weeks, and last night.....There's the same message again! The error message said to replace the hose. Tried unplugging it with no results so I put on my old slimline, regular hose, and it worked.

I like the Climateline hose! Does anyone have any idea on what is going on??? I've kept it set on 72 degrees all winter and spring. Is that too warm now that the weather has turned warmer? It was really warm in my bedroom last evening. I'd love for it to be a simple problem like that! Or....do I need another NEW machine???

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer me!

avi123

Re: Resmed S9 Problems.....Can you help?

Post by avi123 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:42 am

I think that it has to do with the electrical contact of the Climate tube at the back of the humidifier. Try to turn the tube all the way several times. Did you enter the Climete tube in the set -up?

I keep my room at 75 F all year long and don't need to use my climate line. I use the slimline or the old S8 line
and set the the humidifier at 40.

Last edited by avi123 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

sleepyDB

Post by sleepyDB » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:25 am

Thanks for your response! Yes, I've taken the hose off and on a few times to be sure it is connected. The DME entered in Climateline for me, and I've seen it displayed when I first turn the machine on.

I wonder why it works for a while and then just decides to stop. When I think about it, both times now it has been extremely warm in my bedroom. Does it overheat??? Once cooled down, though, it still said the error message. I guess that could just be a coincidence.

Who knows! And, of course, it's the weekend and no one is at the DME office.

Thanks, again, for your help.

Anyone else have some advice for me???

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:47 pm

sleepyDB wrote:I wonder why it works for a while and then just decides to stop. When I think about it, both times now it has been extremely warm in my bedroom. Does it overheat??? Once cooled down, though, it still said the error message. I guess that could just be a coincidence.
Does the machine get direct sunlight on it through a window?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sleepyDB

Post by sleepyDB » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:24 pm

Nope, it never sees the sun! Upstairs room is very warm, though.

sol

Post by sol » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:35 pm

It was a common fault with the climate line , i had mine replaced on a occasion and been told if it happened again have to send the humidifier back to Resmed but touch wood it is working fine .

sleepyDB

Post by sleepyDB » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:41 pm

When they replaced my unit, they did not replace the humidifyer side. Is that where the problem is???

This is crazy! I really liked the Climateline hose!

sol

Post by sol » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:54 pm

I like the climate line as well , yep it is got something to do with the humidifier and Resmed fixed the fault with the new ones .

sleepyDB

Post by sleepyDB » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:00 pm

I guess I'll be asking for a new humidifyer now....better take care of it while it's still under warrenty, I guess.

Thanks for your help!

TalonNYC

Post by TalonNYC » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Coincidentally I had my ClimateLine go nuts on me too. I did not get the "replace hose" message, but I found that the data recording system was either showing the same numbers every AM, or else was showing data for only 20-30 min of the night. Since I went back to the SlimLine hose, I haven't had any issues.

After some investigation, I found that the ClimateLine coupler, where it connects to the humidifier, is nowhere near as snug as the normal hose connectors. With just a little wiggling (like you'd get when you move at night), the unit flipped the ClimateLine system off and on repeatedly (the humidifier icon changes when you connect/disconnect the hose). It looks like the hose can wiggle enough to shift the contact points below the connector, causing the machine to reset the humidifier data =(

BernieRay

Post by BernieRay » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:37 am

According to my DME, the replace hose error message is due to a known issue with some batches of the S9. I was warned about it when I picked up my S9 back in November. Luckily, I haven't had a problem so far.
Ray
Diagnosed in 1997