CMS-50EW - Bluetooth Pulse Oximeter - Working now

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JayR_1945

CMS-50EW - Bluetooth Pulse Oximeter - Working now

Post by JayR_1945 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:25 am

I got some really good data from my CMS-50E, but it finally crapped out.
I understand the flash memory tends to go bad as it matoors.
Well, I can relate to that. So, I ordered a new one, which is Bluetooth enabled.
The Chinglish documentation assumes the Bluetooth is OK and is not much help.
I loaded the software (SpO2 Assistant V1.2) on my HP2140 Netbook with Win Xp and my HP5610 desktop with Win 7. I had to add the Bluetooth feature to desktop.

On both machines, when I add the device, it asks for a security code, but the folks at SouthEastern Medical say I don't need one. it does "pair". The Bluetooth software recognizes the device as "SpO2 Dev B".
However try to Connect to discover services, I get": The Dev B connection failed. Could not connect to the remote device.

The SouthEastern folks think the problem is the cable. But the cable is really there just to charge the battery. it shouldn't be needed to upload data with bluetooth. And, using just the cable, with or without Bluetooth doesn't work on either the old or new software.

Anyone have any (positive) experience with the Bluetooth feature?
How did you get it to work? What Operating System?
Last edited by JayR_1945 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay R.
I am a Systems Engineer/Researcher, and Navy Veteran/ I am not a doctor. All of my suggestions are from my own experience and research. For medical advice, talk to your health care professional. They are good people and could use the work.

Lizistired

Re: CMS-50EW - Bluetooth Pulse Oximeter

Post by Lizistired » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:31 am

I don't, but you might try pulseoxstore.com. Look around under manuals/downloads. He has some instructions in English.

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:35 pm

So, how long did your unit last before crapping out?

I had something similar happen but it involved a bluetooth mouse. The problem eventually ended up being a windows update. When I removed that update, everything worked fine.

JayR_1945

Post by JayR_1945 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:22 am

Hose crusher;
The old CMS-50E worked for about 2 years. The waveform was also getting erratic.

The new CMS-50EW (Bluetooth) hasn't worked yet.
What operating system were you using? Do you know the update # that you had to remove?
Jay R.
I am a Systems Engineer/Researcher, and Navy Veteran/ I am not a doctor. All of my suggestions are from my own experience and research. For medical advice, talk to your health care professional. They are good people and could use the work.

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:29 am

Jay, it looks like it was actually a Broadcom update. The number was BCM2046 Bluetooth Module. It came in on a Win7 32 update bundle. Blindly, I installed all the updates and my Bluetooth quite working. When I rolled back the update, I discovered this particular update and installed everything except it and everything is working fine.

2 years is reasonable. I was thinking that they may only make it 1 year.

JayR_1945

Post by JayR_1945 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Anyone have any positive experiences with the CMS-50EW - Bluetooth Pulse Oximeter?

(have one that works?)
Jay R.

JayR_1945

Post by JayR_1945 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:29 pm

I sent it back and the device and cable checked out good.
They sent me a new one with V2.0 software rather the the V1.2 that originally shipped.

V2.0 works.
It was the damn v1.2 software.
Jay R.