ResMed / ResScan interpretation challenge

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AMUW

Re: ResMed / ResScan interpretation challenge

Post by AMUW » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:30 pm

billbolton wrote: If you have a RAMP time set on your machine you might want to try disabling it and going straight to the minimum set titration level, in case the lower treatment pressure during the ramp is creating some of the events you are observing.
That's a good comment. My 2 charts above start off at a pressure of 6 cmH2O, ramp up to 8 over 10 or 15 min, then Autoset 8-14 takes over, with EPR (exhalation pressure reduction) = 3. I find that my initial breathing is somewhat in need of air until around P=7.5.
On a couple of nights in the past I reduced the ramp to 5 min or 0: I got the impression that too quick a pressure rise was contributing to central apneas before falling asleep. I may try it again.
I also tried Autoset 10-14, at a time when P going down to 8 seemed to create apneas. The PSG titration had estimated an optimum pressure of 8 for side position, 13 for supine; using nasal pillows. The following may also be meaningful: I start off in supine, then I turn onto side position as I fall asleep.
Moderate-severe OSA, ResMed S9 AutoSet EPR + H5i Humidifier, ResMed Masks: trying Swift FX Nasal Pillow, Mirage Nasal, Mirage Quatro or Quattro FX Full Face
ResMed SD card & USB adaptor, ResScan 3.10