Interesting, Hmmmmm

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Lizistired

Re: Interesting, Hmmmmm

Post by Lizistired » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 am

Now you can stretch the flow graph out to 5 min, 1 min and see what your breathing pattern looks like. Do you just stop breathing, or do you hold your breath when you are moving around.

Tonight, I would turn off SmartStart and EPR, and set the pressure to 6-8. Get rid of excess pillows and such on the bed. Stick with just what you need.
The machine can't fix your leaks, so you need to work on that.

Last edited by Lizistired on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bkdraft

Post by bkdraft » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Only pillow I use is a contour memory foam pillow. I do tend to move around sleeping, side, stomoach and back.

tschultz

Post by tschultz » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:21 pm

bkdraft wrote:Here is part of my chart:

These look like pretty much all central apneas, are you sure it is obstructive sleep apnea you were diagnosed with?
Increasing pressure, or even fixing the leaks, will not get rid of central apneas and at a pressure of only 7 these should not be pressure induced centrals.

Adjusting to life with OSA and being pressurized each night ...

bkdraft

Post by bkdraft » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:24 pm

The sleep study showed NO centrals either before the cpap or after. This is whats really got me wondering why. After the cpap at the sleep clinic (hospital) I scored 0, no centrals, no obstructives and no mixed for 3 hours at a pressure of 7.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:35 pm

bkdraft wrote:The sleep study showed NO centrals either before the cpap or after. This is whats really got me wondering why. After the cpap at the sleep clinic (hospital) I scored 0, no centrals, no obstructives and no mixed for 3 hours at a pressure of 7.
Sleep study sleep isn't often like we sleep at home. The machines and data they use to score things are different than what we use at home. So for just those reasons I don't find it odd that you had no obstructives during 3 hours at the sleep study and you have some obstructives at home.

BUT since you don't have any history of centrals during the sleep study, that is why I suggested bringing these "centrals" to your doctors attention. They may not mean anything but I would want the doctor to know and explain and see if he was concerned.
Variations in the other events are easily explained but in the case of centrals being reported like yours are, I think warrants a chat with the doctor. A random CA here and there could be explained away easily enough but you are having more than a random one. It may not be important or it may be important. We don't have any way of knowing from what we see on these reports.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:50 pm

I agree with Pugsy.
Bkdraft, have you compared this data to the data from when you were set to 4-12. You had a lower AHI then.
Something isn't right.

Look here for the clinicians manual fro Rescan. It will help you with viewing the data:

"C:\Program Files\ResMed\ResScan3\ResScan Clinician's Manual.pdf"

bkdraft

Post by bkdraft » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:06 am

Worst night so far. I turned off the EPR as suggested, big mistake. I tossed and turned until 2:30, slept on back, side and stomoch, and finally realized what was happening. About every 30 seconds it was like a air bubble popped up in my mouth and I had to open my mouth to release the air. I turned the EPR back on and the problem went away and slept much better the rest of the night. Bad news is I left the memory card in the computer, so no data from last night. S9 shows AHI at 11.9, worst reading so far. RT is gone on spring break for couple more days so no help from her at this time. Meanwhile my wife is doing GREAT!!! She is staying under AHI of 2 every night and feels so much better every day.

tschultz

Post by tschultz » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:19 am

bkdraft wrote:Worst night so far. I turned off the EPR as suggested, big mistake. I tossed and turned until 2:30, slept on back, side and stomoch, and finally realized what was happening. About every 30 seconds it was like a air bubble popped up in my mouth and I had to open my mouth to release the air. I turned the EPR back on and the problem went away and slept much better the rest of the night. Bad news is I left the memory card in the computer, so no data from last night. S9 shows AHI at 11.9, worst reading so far. RT is gone on spring break for couple more days so no help from her at this time. Meanwhile my wife is doing GREAT!!! She is staying under AHI of 2 every night and feels so much better every day.
The S9 will keep the data in the machine so when you put the SD card back in the machine it will copy the missing data to the card.

Sorry to hear that last night did not go well.

Adjusting to life with OSA and being pressurized each night ...

bkdraft

Post by bkdraft » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:36 am

Only keeps the standard data, no detailed stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:57 am

The RT cannot do anything except offer and opinion and maybe get in touch with doctor. Don't wait for RT to contact doctor,
do it yourself. Tell the doctor or his nurse your machine is reporting an average if 5 or 6 centrals and hour and they are coming in groups of a whole bunch of them.. Tell them there was zero history of centrals in sleep study.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

bkdraft

Post by bkdraft » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Just heard from the RT, she wants to bleed in some 02 and see if that helps. Only problem is I am leaving town tomorrow and wont be back until Sunday, so wont get that done till Monday. Meanwhile, I will just keep on using it and see what happens.

bkdraft

Post by bkdraft » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:27 am

Last night I switched S9's with my wife, just to make sure that was not a problem and it was not. I did work on my Swift FT and got it to fit better, my leak was lot better last night and my AHI was down to 5.1 which is much better. I seem to be tossing and turning a lot, wondering now if part of the problem is our bed. I will be gone for next 3 nights in a motel, so will see how that affects things. When I get back I will try the other beds in the house and see if any of them let me sleep better.

FigeFaislange

woooooooo

Post by FigeFaislange » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:41 am

thanks

Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT

Post by Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:51 am

Looks like maybe "Complex Sleep Apnea"...central apneas brought on by CPAP.

I am on a life quest for the perfect night's sleep...Keep trying...Good sleep can blow!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:01 am

Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT wrote:Looks like maybe "Complex Sleep Apnea"...central apneas brought on by CPAP
I was wondering this very thing myself. That is why I kept saying "talk to the doctor".