Partial S9 data after Sleeping all day

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT

Partial S9 data after Sleeping all day

Post by Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:30 am

I am using the Resmed S9 Auto. Last week I worked midnights for a sick co-worker. I noticed each day after awakening, my on-screen data showed only 3 hrs of sleep although I had slept 7 hrs (8am-3pm). I guess the data resets at Noon? If so, Resmed needs to update the firmware. Is there anyway to fix this other than off-setting the time when I sleep all day?

I am on a life quest for the perfect night's sleep...Keep trying...Good sleep can blow!

SnoozyQ

Re: Partial S9 data after Sleeping all day

Post by SnoozyQ » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:53 am

I hate that too...

But if you download the info from the card, it should have the data for the entire 7 hours. The LED just doesn't keep that info.

Desaturation index 16.5/hr.
AutoSet at 10-13

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT wrote:I guess the data resets at Noon?
Yes, the majority of humans, by far, are awake at that time.

Cheers,

Bill

LoQ

Post by LoQ » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:31 pm

Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT wrote:I am using the Resmed S9 Auto. Last week I worked midnights for a sick co-worker. I noticed each day after awakening, my on-screen data showed only 3 hrs of sleep although I had slept 7 hrs (8am-3pm). I guess the data resets at Noon? If so, Resmed needs to update the firmware. Is there anyway to fix this other than off-setting the time when I sleep all day?
I think it should be programmable, rather than set to noon for everyone. One of my pet peeves is the "90%" solutions that the whole medical community, and especially sleep medicine, embraces. If you are in the 10%, tough.

robysue

Post by robysue » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:53 pm

At least those of you using the Resmed S9 can reset the time. Those of us with PR System Ones have no way to reset the clock and the data resets at noon Greenwich Meridian Time---regardless of what time zone you are in. And you can't reset that either. And there's a known problem with the System One's clock losing time at a rate of several minutes per year too.

Encore Viewer uses the local computer's time zone setting to add or subtract the appropriate amount of time to the data so that it shows up in a noon-to-noon time line.

Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT

Post by Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:56 am

Seems like a simple software/firmware fix. I don't understand the need to erase the "LED" data. Anyway I still like my S9 but I discovered yet another minor flaw. It is somewhat reassuring to see my data everyday. My "100% compliance" is like a badge of honor or something. Even if my download is correct...there it was looking at me...You are not compliant...like an accusation. Don't lie about my compliance you dumb computer. I know...weird OCD on my part but I worked hard to be compliant. Why can't it show the last sleep session, or something along those lines? Anyway just complaining out loud. That is why this forum is important, it makes you feel better knowing that someone else understands.

P.S. In the "Sleep" world the majority of us sleep during the day so I guess it says something about the people who write the software...if they had lived like a vampire for a few years they might have thought of that.

I am on a life quest for the perfect night's sleep...Keep trying...Good sleep can blow!

NotMuffy

Post by NotMuffy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:52 am

How about setting the clock 12 hours off?
"Don't Blame Me...You Took the Red Pill..."

Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT

Post by Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:40 am

Yeah off setting the clock is a work around. Such high tech expensive top of the line equipment shouldn't need a work around but nobody's perfect...except my compliance.

NotMuffy

Post by NotMuffy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:47 am

Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT wrote:Yeah off setting the clock is a work around. Such high tech expensive top of the line equipment shouldn't need a work around...
LOL! I know what you mean!

For instance, I like "fuschia" for a ResScan background:

but I suppose a little F&R wouldn't really kill anybody.
"Don't Blame Me...You Took the Red Pill..."