Software for the F&P Icon Premo To Track Data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Kahfree

Software for the F&P Icon Premo To Track Data

Post by Kahfree » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 pm

Anyone on here have the Icon Premo like I do and use the software? If you do have it, do you know where I can get a copy? I would love to be able to track my stats in a more organized and productive way for me. If I am going to be on this for life, I need to be better at my records.

Thanks!

kroppdf

Re: Software for the F&P Icon Premo To Track Data

Post by kroppdf » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:36 pm

I have been researching about the software. I have talked to my DME and they were no help and acted annoyed that I would want to track my sleep patterns at home. Then I called costumer service at F&P and they transferred me to their tech. support, he was able to to give me the part number for the software but only vendors are able to order from them. He suggested that I call my DME and order it from them. I am still trying to find it and when I do I will let everyone know.

Software part number 900ICON100

Kahfree

Post by Kahfree » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:46 pm

kroppdf wrote:I have been researching about the software. I have talked to my DME and they were no help and acted annoyed that I would want to track my sleep patterns at home. Then I called costumer service at F&P and they transferred me to their tech. support, he was able to to give me the part number for the software but only vendors are able to order from them. He suggested that I call my DME and order it from them. I am still trying to find it and when I do I will let everyone know.

I will also call my DME. Who are they that they feel they can "police" our own health care? They sell medical equipment for goodness sake. I love how the DME feels they have more power over my own health than I do. If they wont get it for me, I am going to ask my Doctor to "prescribe" the software so that they have to order it. I am sure I can be very convincing to her as to why I want to track my own progress and how it will be beneficial to me and her.

roster

Post by roster » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:53 pm

kroppdf wrote:I have been researching about the software. I have talked to my DME and they were no help and acted annoyed that I would want to track my sleep patterns at home. Then I called costumer service at F&P and they transferred me to their tech. support, he was able to to give me the part number for the software but only vendors are able to order from them. He suggested that I call my DME and order it from them. I am still trying to find it and when I do I will let everyone know.

What about calling cpap.com and asking if they can get it and what the price is?

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

kroppdf

Post by kroppdf » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:28 am

roster,

Thank you I did not think about that. I emailed them this morning. We'll see what they come up with.

kroppdf

Post by kroppdf » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:51 am

So this is what I got from cpap.com about the software:

Greetings,

I am sorry, at this time, the manufacturer is not making the software
available to the end users.

Thank you for coming to us with your question! Please check out our
website at:

https://www.cpap.com/

I have also found out that you need another software just to add your own music to the card, So I called tech suport again about that software and they said, it will be coming out soon. I know the machine is new but come-on have everything done and ready before you have it on the market!

roster

Post by roster » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:00 pm

I just talked to a marketing manager at F&P about the software for F&P Icon Premo. He said the software has a feature that lets you change the pressure setting on the machine. It is their interpretation of FDA regulations that they can only provide this type of software to licensed medical professionals.

I asked him would they consider releasing a version of the software for patients that has the pressure changing function removed. He said it has been discussed but it is not anticipated anytime in the near future.

My advice: Don't buy F&P machines or any brand machines for which software is not readily available.

This is a shame for the patient because F&P makes sturdy, reliable machines with excellent, quiet motors.

Another case of big meddling government hurting the patient!

Kahfree, Is there any chance that your machine is still on rental and you could switch to a brand that makes the software available?

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related

kroppdf

Post by kroppdf » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:23 pm

I think the marketing manager needs to learn more about his equipment. You don't need the software to change the pressure, you do that on the machine not on the computer.

Ms.Snuffleupagus

Post by Ms.Snuffleupagus » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:37 pm

There is a way to get into the clinician's menu to change the pressure, or so I believe.

The problem I have is that without the software, I cannot print out my efficacy data to show my sleep doc. I would have to pay a DME each time I needed a printout, if I did not buy a machine through them. But the purchase price from a DME here, is at least twice the price it would be online.

So, I will not be purchasing the Icon...so yes, a real shame as it seems to be a great machine.

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:03 pm

kroppdf wrote:I think the marketing manager needs to learn more about his equipment. You don't need the software to change the pressure, you do that on the machine not on the computer.
You are correct. That is just a BS excuse they have ALL used about why we can't have the software.

I have always said when shopping for a machine - get the software - then get the machine for that software. They all just blow air.

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Based on comments posted on the Snoring and Sleep Apnoea Discussion forum in Australia, it appears that F&P do not make the Icon software available to users in any market, so in this case it is not simply a matter of FDA regulations getting in the way

Cheers,

Bill

Kahfree

Post by Kahfree » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:15 pm

billbolton wrote:Based on comments posted on the Snoring and Sleep Apnoea Discussion forum in Australia, it appears that F&P do not make the Icon software available to users in any market, so in this case it is not simply a matter of FDA regulations getting in the way

Cheers,

Bill

I have already gotten attached to my machine, and really love it. Having never had to use software to track my progress before because this is the first time I am on a CPAP, I wonder if I am missing anything? If the software really is that important to my treatment, then I will consider asking them to find me a new machine which has a software program.

I have a friend who is going to make me a graph program so that I enter information from my machine. Do you think this "extra" step I have to take is not worth it and instead get a new machine? I am going back to the doctor on February 14th and will discuss this. Also, why would the DME charge me to see my own medical report? That makes no sense since I can go to my doctors and sign a paper and get ANY medical information copied for me. Scripps does charge for a CD, but the cost is $5.00. I would think it would be illegal for them to withhold my request or to charge me a high fee to print out the reports and that I am entitled to any and all copies of my medical reports, right? lol

Kelly.

Ms.Snuffleupagus

Post by Ms.Snuffleupagus » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Also, why would the DME charge me to see my own medical report? That makes no sense since I can go to my doctors and sign a paper and get ANY medical information copied for me. Scripps does charge for a CD, but the cost is $5.00. I would think it would be illegal for them to withhold my request or to charge me a high fee to print out the reports and that I am entitled to any and all copies of my medical reports, right? lol

Kelly.
Well my DME does not charge if I buy the machine from them. In Quebec, purchase of a CPAP machine is not covered by our government health care plan. Usually purchasing a machine from our DME's here includes free print-ups of sleep data as needed. I have not checked how much they will charge to print up data from a machine not bought through them, but I can guarantee you they will charge a fee for downloading the data and printing it up. It only becomes part of my medical file once I give the print-out of data to my sleep doc. Even with our so called socialized medicine, here in Canada, some hospitals and/ or doctors charge a fee for photocopies of medical files.

westozman

Post by westozman » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:23 pm

I have been trying to get Infosmart software for my Premo since I bought it in November, my DME asked for a letter from my GP & said he would get it for me when I got the leter. I got the letter but still haven't got the software. F&P told me that the DME would get it for me, just getting the run around. If I can find some place I can get the software I'll post it on here.
An interesting forum to go to is http://s7.zetaboards.com/Apnea_Board/forum/16411/ they have instructions on setting different machines & access to manuals etc. It is very easy to change pressure on the ICON, you can find the info on the Apnea Board Forum.
Last edited by westozman on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roster

Post by roster » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:34 pm

kroppdf wrote:I think the marketing manager needs to learn more about his equipment. You don't need the software to change the pressure, you do that on the machine not on the computer.

The marketing manager knows that.

This is the same thing Respironics did. They were selling Encore Pro to patients and then became scared because the software could be used to change the pressure. They withdrew Encore Pro from sales to patients and later introduced Encore Viewer for patients which does not have the pressure change function.