New car smell caused sleep apnea

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Joe50

New car smell caused sleep apnea

Post by Joe50 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:56 am

You just have to read it. And just for the record the smell from my new Mercedes never bothered me because I never owned a new mercedes.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/26 ... etail.html

trike-mike

Re: New car smell caused sleep apnea

Post by trike-mike » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:44 pm

That was a good article. In many ways, it will heighten awareness of OSA but it is too bad the red herring of the "new car smell" was tossed in.

I have seem some articles on that component in recent times but they were of the "X may cause Y" variety wherein the statistics are utterly mutilated and a percentage change of 0.00001% to 0.00003% is screamed to the world as a "300% increase" even while (non-mutilated) statistically insignificant. Does a good job of getting sound bites and possible grants, however.

Does seem that the focus remained on what may well have been a real cause - OSA - and the shaky one was largely ignored.

Thanks for the link

roster

Re: New car smell caused sleep apnea

Post by roster » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:13 pm

Photo of Martin Erzinger's car has been released:

I have a vision that we will figure out an easy way to ensure that children develop wide, deep, healthy and attractive jaws and then obstructive sleep apnea becomes an obscure bit of history.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ycw4uaX ... re=related