Summary of my first 45 days on the S9 AutoSet

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
WilsonVilleUSA

Summary of my first 45 days on the S9 AutoSet

Post by WilsonVilleUSA » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Numbers are great! I can't believe how frequent my nights with AHI <1 are!

Leaks seem to come and go, but I have started sleeping on my back more (oh how I missed that!) and I think I am occasionally mouth breathing when I do. Very happy I went to the Resmed, the fact that it uses standard SD card, no need for a proprietary card reader and availability of software are all big pluses, but even without them the machine is fantastic. I have used Respironics Tank and M-Series, PB GoodKnight, and Covidien Sandman - the S9 beats them all.

**Pressure range is a little misleading, I played around with the setting a few times and it show what have been the min and max numbers, actual set range at any time has only been a spread of 4 cm.

DreamOn

Re: Summary of my first 45 days on the S9 AutoSet

Post by DreamOn » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Fantastic!

needanap

Post by needanap » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:56 am

I am liking the S9 too and have been using it for about 4 weeks also. My results aren't as good as yours, but pretty darn good. I'm curious about the software...where do you get it? does it cost much? Is it easy to download? My DME says I don't need it because she can tell me everything I need to know. Which, of course, wants me to get it myself all the more. Congratulations on your great numbers.

torontoCPAPguy

Post by torontoCPAPguy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:00 am

I am most definitely getting better results on my S9 and for the first time ever appear to have had a night with ZERO events; AHI = 0.0!

I like almost everything about it except the plastic interlocking between humidifier and blower (school is still out on that... I don't think it's going to be an issue but if it is I would expect that ResMed might step up to the plate.... they should be using heavier interlocks or metal interlocks for strength).

All in all, better results, better data, better performance, etc.

Someone, PLEASE answer me this: WHY does ResMed have the zippers on their carrying case for the S9 series on the BOTTOM of the carry case? DUH? Not that everything is going to fall out if the zipper fails, but jeez.... being a logically minded scientific type geekster.... why would ANYONE put their zippers on the BOTTOM of a carrying case? No answer from ResMed as to either the reason for this nor the chances of catastrophic failure (since the gear inside is generally all fastened into place in pockets and with Velcro.) Still....

Overall? The S8 Autoset II is a great piece of gear to be sure and I would HIGHLY recommend same to anyone looking for a blower system. The S9 is worth the extra money for me, but if it were not available I would be quite content with my S8 Autoset II. Now onwards and upwards to getting my mask issues resolved... the never ending story. I am down to the Mirage Activa LT and the Mirage Quattro FFM and have six others to try including some pillow masks.

Fall colours. One of God's gifts. Life is fragile and short, savour every moment no matter what your problems may be. These stunning fall colours from my first outing after surviving a month on life support due to H1N1.

WilsonVilleUSA

Post by WilsonVilleUSA » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:06 pm

needanap wrote:I am liking the S9 too and have been using it for about 4 weeks also. My results aren't as good as yours, but pretty darn good. I'm curious about the software...where do you get it? does it cost much? Is it easy to download? My DME says I don't need it because she can tell me everything I need to know. Which, of course, wants me to get it myself all the more. Congratulations on your great numbers.

Check your PM!

DreamOn

Post by DreamOn » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:24 pm

torontoCPAPguy wrote:Someone, PLEASE answer me this: WHY does ResMed have the zippers on their carrying case for the S9 series on the BOTTOM of the carry case? DUH? Not that everything is going to fall out if the zipper fails, but jeez.... being a logically minded scientific type geekster.... why would ANYONE put their zippers on the BOTTOM of a carrying case? No answer from ResMed as to either the reason for this nor the chances of catastrophic failure (since the gear inside is generally all fastened into place in pockets and with Velcro.) Still....
I have no answer as to why ResMed chose that zipper design. But I want to point out that you don't HAVE to have the two zipper pulls meet in the middle at the bottom. You can have them meet at the very top, on either side. Just leave one pull up there all the time, and zip/unzip by pulling the other all the way around.