questions about REMstar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Hope1952

questions about REMstar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex

Post by Hope1952 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:53 am

I just picked up a new REMstar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex machine from my DME to replace the borrowed one I've been using. My insurance company should pay for 100% or I would have gladly bought it through cpap.com to save the irritation. Two questions:

Can anyone who bought a new machine tell me what should be included with it? The DME rep tried to give me just the Bi-Flex machine without a cord! The cord I already had was mine (for my PR System One auto) and I insisted I wanted a new cord with the new machine THAT MY INSURANCE COMPANY IS PAYING an inflated price FOR. Shouldn't there be a manual or anything else? This feeling that I'm deliberately being kept in the dark and dependent upon them is really making me mad.

My other question is now with the new machine, every time I push the off button, the machine has a fast beep and the triangle light blinks until I remove the card and re-insert it. The identical borrowed machine never did that. Is there a setting I need to change so it doesn't beep?

Thanks!

GumbyCT

Re: questions about REMstar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex

Post by GumbyCT » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:53 am

Hope1952 wrote:I just picked up a new REMstar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex machine from my DME to replace the borrowed one I've been using. My insurance company should pay for 100% or I would have gladly bought it through cpap.com to save the irritation. Two questions:

Can anyone who bought a new machine tell me what should be included with it? The DME rep tried to give me just the Bi-Flex machine without a cord! The cord I already had was mine (for my PR System One auto) and I insisted I wanted a new cord with the new machine THAT MY INSURANCE COMPANY IS PAYING an inflated price FOR. Shouldn't there be a manual or anything else? This feeling that I'm deliberately being kept in the dark and dependent upon them is really making me mad.

My other question is now with the new machine, every time I push the off button, the machine has a fast beep and the triangle light blinks until I remove the card and re-insert it. The identical borrowed machine never did that. Is there a setting I need to change so it doesn't beep?

Thanks!
Ist check to see if the card is in the correct way. It should beep once when inserted correctly. Is this an M series machine? Maybe you should ask the DME about this?

Yes you should get everything you need to use the machine, including a hose and carrying case. Check the machine info at cpap.com - it should show what comes with a new machine and yes there should be a users manual also. You definitely should let your Ins. Co know about this "inventory problem" or they will continue to do this to people.

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:57 am

I would also check the blower hours on your machine cuz if they tried to cheat you out of a cheap power cord, they may well have given you a used machine as new.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:08 pm

DreamStalker wrote:I would also check the blower hours on your machine cuz if they tried to cheat you out of a cheap power cord, they may well have given you a used machine as new.
Oh good call. That may be exactly why they didn't have a power cord for it.

At the risk of saying the obvious - time for another DME.

;)

Hope1952

Post by Hope1952 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:13 pm

GumbyCT wrote:
Hope1952 wrote:I just picked up a new REMstar BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex machine from my DME to replace the borrowed one I've been using. My insurance company should pay for 100% or I would have gladly bought it through cpap.com to save the irritation. Two questions:

Thanks!
Ist check to see if the card is in the correct way. It should beep once when inserted correctly. Is this an M series machine? Maybe you should ask the DME about this?

Yes you should get everything you need to use the machine, including a hose and carrying case. Check the machine info at cpap.com - it should show what comes with a new machine and yes there should be a users manual also. You definitely should let your Ins. Co know about this "inventory problem" or they will continue to do this to people.
Thanks Gumby. I'll look it up on cpap.com. This is not the M series. It is the machine listed below. I have used two other machines of this same brand and read my data daily so I'm pretty sure I'm putting the S.D. card in correctly. I had a borrowed Bi-pap identical to this one which the DME loaned to me before I got the new machine and it was obvious the card had been used. This one I believe is new. It's just not working like it's supposed to. I've emailed the head boss at my DME to ask for whatever is missing. Hopefully he will resolve this for me.

Hope1952

Post by Hope1952 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:20 pm

DreamStalker wrote:I would also check the blower hours on your machine cuz if they tried to cheat you out of a cheap power cord, they may well have given you a used machine as new.
Thanks for the advice, Dreamstalker. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this is the second time I've gotten no manual with a brand new machine and I have a big problem with that. My husband reminded me that I should also have gotten a new carrying case for this machine. The problem might be just that I returned the borrowed Bi-pap in my own carrying case to keep it safe and that was probably a mistake. The person helping me didn't understand the arrangement that I'd made with her boss. Hopefully, he will resolve the issue for me. I just need to know what I'm missing and if my machine is defective or if I can simply change a setting to stop the "Defective S.D. Card" message every time I turn off the machine.

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:13 pm

I don't think you can put an SD card in backwards. So it could be a machine prob or a bad card?

I would definitely learn how to check the machine hours - I think the hours flashed by when 1st powered on - on the older machines.

;)

cflame1

Post by cflame1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:13 am

Hope, if it's an SD card (small card that would fit in a digital camera) then it's not the one in your profile. The one in your profile has a smart card.

Appears from what you've written you've got a PR S1 Auto Bipap. The one that you have listed is an older model.