REMstar Pro Data Gathering

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Papillon2

REMstar Pro Data Gathering

Post by Papillon2 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:13 am

After reading the responses to my question about the importance of data, I am thinking of upgrading my basic machine to a PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine, which is data capable. My question is, does the machine window read out the various types of information, or do you have to take the card out and take it some place to have it read? How does that work? Does the card come with the machine, or do you have to buy it separately?
Thanks for any input!

jules

Re: REMstar Pro Data Gathering

Post by jules » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:19 am

Don't sit on trying to decide - either do it or don't. Don't waste time wondering. Tell your doctor to write a script for data capable and get the DME to give you one at NO EXTRA COST -- or find a new DME.

Be assertive.

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:23 am

Either, actually.

You can take it to your DME and have it read. You might be charged and/or not invited back if you do it too often.

Or you can get the software and card reader and do it yourself...as often as you like. Be advised the System One uses Encore Pro Ver 2! Which has just recently become available. If someone offers you Version 1, it won't work with your machine's card. There are plenty of System One users here who can help you get set up.

EDIT: Also, the window will provide the current basic data, but the report generated from the card data is much more detailed.

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

riveredge1

Post by riveredge1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:28 am

I have/had that pr 1 but it broke and when i had it the little window would give AHI and 2 other readings--my doc didnt have software to read card --if you want data compatible machine go with something else--restedgal has all info on data capable machines----they keep saying they will have software for us folks some day for pr system 1 but--------we need it now --so definitely do get data readable machine--it has been great to know what is going on when i sleep--

Paul254

Post by Paul254 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:11 pm

I use the PR System One Pro. The LED provides a 7-day and 30-day average AHI, compliance data and % time in Periodic breathing.

As stated before, Encore Pro 2 software is required to read data from the SD card. Nightly data is written to the card. The software will produces detailed nightly reports.