Healthcare Reform What Would You Do

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
fidelfs

Re: Healthcare Reform What Would You Do

Post by fidelfs » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:21 pm

DreamStalker wrote:
LinkC wrote:The one that looks like an "l"...for loser. (Shouldn't that be a capital "L"?)
Uh uh. Wrong as usual.

It was this one ...

Unfortunately I have a rule not to respond to the same ass more than 3 times in a row ... so this is your last one. Sorry, better luck next time.

That is funny. That finger was to all of US... Wait there is another dumber in the queue. Her name starts with a P....n.

Autopapdude

Post by Autopapdude » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:23 pm

That is funny. That finger was to all of US... Wait there is another dumber in the queue. Her name starts with a P....n.

cotech50

Post by cotech50 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:32 pm

OK well the TSA did it again. Another airport shut down because of a security breach. Another fine example of an incompetent government run agency. The people running this agency must be incompetent also. Oh why do we the taxpayer have to pay for this shit. One more government agency to the list and these are the people who keep Terrorist or whatever the Obama administration is calling Terrorists these days off the planes. Makes you feel really safe and confident.

TWW

Post by TWW » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:53 pm

To the person who PM'd me earlier today: you were right. I recant my endorsement of APD.

I am not going to read postings by someone who both thinks he's smarter than all conservatives, and calls honest people turds. Time to update my "foes" list.

Bummer. I had really thought the guy was capable of civility.

Autopapdude

Post by Autopapdude » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:31 pm

I am not going to read postings by someone who both thinks he's smarter than all conservatives, and calls honest people turds.
Neither George W. Bush, nor Sarah Palin are honest people.

Muse-Inc

Post by Muse-Inc » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:32 pm

frazzled-snoozer wrote:...why is it that Wal-mart's the only one that can provide prescriptions for $5?
Likely because they are doing the same sort of manipulation that enables them to sell almost everything for less money...they tell the mfg if they want a product to be sold in WalMart this it the price it will be sold at and this will be the amt that WalMart will pay for it. The mfg can take that amt of payment from WalMart or not sell in WalMart; there is no negotiation when dealing with WalMart, they set the prices.

WalMart isn't the only store that sells certain drugs for $4 or $5...Kroger does it too and $10 for a 90-day supply. A 14-day supply of certain antibiotics are free at Publix (I think that deal is still ongoing).

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.

Paul254

Post by Paul254 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:34 pm

I'm applying for a union job. That way I won't have to pay the proposed healthcare excise tax. I'll let those rich people pay the excise tax.

Muse-Inc

Post by Muse-Inc » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:10 pm

cotech50 wrote:...TSA...Another fine example of an incompetent government run agency.
Please remember that very few people thought creating the largest govt organization ever, Homeland Security, was in any way a good thing. Bush created a monster Department that cannot respond quickly to anything; small has the inherant possibility of response quickness, the larger the group the more likely it will be torn apart by internal politics/egocentric goals and be immobilized by 'committee think.' Microsoft (detestable in so many ways) is a good example of how to organize a huge organization to move in a single direction that perhaps is Bill's real (perhaps only, time will tell) genius. There is a fledgling understanding of group dynamics (teams, teaming), that the most effective groups consist of between 50 and no more than 200 members. Those of us in IT who've worked in Joint Application Development and Rapid Development teams can likely attest to the efficiencies of these moderately sized teams. The most effective teams I've worked in numbered between 8 and 25, spearheading efforts into new areas that organized and then introduced the 'new' to the rest of the organization, which was anywhere from 30 to 100 people. The key is thorough understanding of the requirements and ensuring that all interim work products met those defined and agreed to requirements -- right now, no one has a grasp of the requirements because they are no clear and agreed upon requirements in healthcare, it's all guesses and accusation, all political gamesmanship, all from so many different and competing perspectives that we have chaos. The whole situation sucks!

Last edited by Muse-Inc on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.

Patrick A

Post by Patrick A » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:08 am

Maybe this is what everybody should send to their Congress Person
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc_-L4fy ... _embedded#
Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"

cotech50

Post by cotech50 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:51 am

You know I have always liked Ray Stevens.

frazzled-snoozer

Post by frazzled-snoozer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:39 pm

fidelfs wrote:
fidelfs wrote:We cannot have health to be based in profit. Many people will die. Well, for Mr. Glen Beck says that in capitalism is acceptable the death of people than cannot pay for the medication. Ummmm.... he never said anything like that!
He said that, I normally watch his show because I like some of his thoughts not all of them, just some. I was disgusted when he explained how is acceptable in capitalism to have some deaths from people that cannot afford health insurance. While big insurance and pharma keep having big profit due to the people than can afford them. He said if poor people cannot go to a Hospital for let's say because they got cancer, then that's ok, this way the system won't be overwhelm and keep functioning in optimal way. He said that after years of research, big pharma will find a cure and will be used more widely and the price will go down and then those poor people will able to afford it. He said let the free market work and then we can cure cancer, Alzheimer, etc, a few death are acceptable.....

My point is that it is the system we have now. We cannot have it anymore, don't ask what should we have, because I don't know.
There are some type of cancer that is almost certain death, i.e. pancreatic cancer so, Is that enough the reason to deny poor help, just because they most certainly died? Not, in my book.
I'm gonna have to see that with my own two eyes. I watch him quite frequently and have never heard him say anything like that. Besides, his favorite charity is a cancer hospital that treats anyone, whether they can pay or not. And they don't just treat them... they treat them exceptionally well. The idea that anyone wants to see disadvantaged people go without care is just bogus. People are charitable. To imply that those that advocate for free market solutions are advocating for poor people to die because they're just collateral damage is offensive and lends no substance to the debate.
Frazzled-Snoozer

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:38 pm

frazzled-snoozer wrote:
fidelfs wrote:
fidelfs wrote:We cannot have health to be based in profit. Many people will die. Well, for Mr. Glen Beck says that in capitalism is acceptable the death of people than cannot pay for the medication. Ummmm.... he never said anything like that!
He said that, I normally watch his show because I like some of his thoughts not all of them, just some. I was disgusted when he explained how is acceptable in capitalism to have some deaths from people that cannot afford health insurance. While big insurance and pharma keep having big profit due to the people than can afford them. He said if poor people cannot go to a Hospital for let's say because they got cancer, then that's ok, this way the system won't be overwhelm and keep functioning in optimal way. He said that after years of research, big pharma will find a cure and will be used more widely and the price will go down and then those poor people will able to afford it. He said let the free market work and then we can cure cancer, Alzheimer, etc, a few death are acceptable.....

My point is that it is the system we have now. We cannot have it anymore, don't ask what should we have, because I don't know.
There are some type of cancer that is almost certain death, i.e. pancreatic cancer so, Is that enough the reason to deny poor help, just because they most certainly died? Not, in my book.
I'm gonna have to see that with my own two eyes. I watch him quite frequently and have never heard him say anything like that. Besides, his favorite charity is a cancer hospital that treats anyone, whether they can pay or not. And they don't just treat them... they treat them exceptionally well. The idea that anyone wants to see disadvantaged people go without care is just bogus. People are charitable. To imply that those that advocate for free market solutions are advocating for poor people to die because they're just collateral damage is offensive and lends no substance to the debate.
Uhhhh ... so what does it imply about those who advocate a single-payer insurance system being accused of advocating death panels for grandma?

Does that lend substance to the debate? What about offensive?
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:31 pm

It "implies" there are ignorant and misinformed people on BOTH sides (as is usually the case!)

Of course, your side holds the preponderance in that regard.

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

Sergey45

Post by Sergey45 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:35 pm

Single-payer health coverage for all. Universal. As it isin many other civilized countries

PST

Post by PST » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:57 pm

It is interesting to see what the likelihood of a Republican victory in the special Massachusetts election for the U.S. Senate is doing to the stock market. The candidate who opposes the healthcare reform bill is now favored, creating a substantial possibility that it will fail. On that news, the Wall Street Journal's online edition reports that health insurer stocks are rising and hospital stocks are falling. Whatever else it means, it does tend to refute the charges that the bill was a sellout to the insurers.
Prospects of a possible Republican upset in Massachusetts' special election for the late Edward Kennedy's U.S. Senate seat lifted major managed-care stocks and pressured hospital shares Tuesday.

A victory by Republican Scott Brown over Democrat Martha Coakley would threaten legislation to overhaul the nation's health-coverage laws by eliminating the Democrats' filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.

The health-care legislation--being negotiated and moving closer to final passage after months of rancor and compromise--is viewed as risky for health-insurer profits, even though it promises to bring companies millions of additional health-plan members. Hospitals caring for large numbers of uninsured patients are seen as benefiting from an expansion of health coverage to millions more Americans.

Shares of the large, diversified managed-care concerns traded up by roughly 1% to 5% Tuesday afternoon, led by Coventry Health Care Inc. (CVH). Hospital stocks were down about 1% to 3%, with Tenet Healthcare Corp. (THC) recently sliding the most. Stock market moves--both up and down--had been more pronounced in the morning.
This is consistent with the reports last week that the health insurance companies, while not opposing the plan openly, quietly contributed between $10 and $20 million to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to fund opposition advertising. See http://undertheinfluence.nationaljourna ... hamber.php.