Error message

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tscherfel

Error message

Post by tscherfel » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:08 am

I am on the hose for two weeks and I feel great. My AHI was 72 and this is now down to 0,9 and I am full of energy. I regret that I didn’t do this long time ago. I installed Encor pro 1.5.82 and got an infineer card reader. It is reading the card and giving me an error message;
Error Source: RespironicsSmartCard2.Typ0.1
Error Number 80040213
Is there anybody out there knowing what this error means
tscherfel

Wulfman

Re: Error message

Post by Wulfman » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:13 am

tscherfel wrote:I am on the hose for two weeks and I feel great. My AHI was 72 and this is now down to 0,9 and I am full of energy. I regret that I didn’t do this long time ago. I installed Encor pro 1.5.82 and got an infineer card reader. It is reading the card and giving me an error message;
Error Source: RespironicsSmartCard2.Typ0.1
Error Number 80040213
Is there anybody out there knowing what this error means
tscherfel
If you have the M Series Auto as shown in your profile......Encore Pro version 1.5 will NOT work with it. You either need Encore Pro version 1.8 (current version) or Encore Viewer 1.0 (current version) to read/download the card.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

track

Post by track » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:03 am

Den..I am getting the same error report. I am using encore pro 1.7i. Any thoughts why I am getting this error with my encore pro smart card. It was working prior to my computer losing it's operating system. However I had the computer cleaned up and the operating system re-installed so I should be good to go..but this darn error keeps showing up when I try to download from my smart card.

I have a remstar auto apap with A flex and C flex on cpap. My operating system is XP home edition. I just erased everything on the smart card and the message now says NO data. I will try running it tonight and see if I get any data results tomorrow.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:12 pm

track wrote:Den..I am getting the same error report. I am using encore pro 1.7i. Any thoughts why I am getting this error with my encore pro smart card. It was working prior to my computer losing it's operating system. However I had the computer cleaned up and the operating system re-installed so I should be good to go..but this darn error keeps showing up when I try to download from my smart card.

I have a remstar auto apap with A flex and C flex on cpap. My operating system is XP home edition. I just erased everything on the smart card and the message now says NO data. I will try running it tonight and see if I get any data results tomorrow.
I was under the impression that EP 1.7 wouldn't work with the model with A-Flex......but, I guess it was for you.

There were also problems with XP Service Pack 3......screwing things up. Do you have that Service Pack installed?
You're not using a USB hub for your reader, are you?
Do you have the correct card reader driver installed? (use the one on the EP install disk.....it's in a directory called "Smart Card Readers")
Check to see that the EP software is looking for a USB reader......not a "serial" one.

Depending on your answers, you could try un-installing SP3......or re-installing Encore Pro (shouldn't affect your existing data base)......do not have your card reader plugged in if/when you install the software.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:53 pm

track wrote:Den..I am getting the same error report. I am using encore pro 1.7i. Any thoughts why I am getting this error with my encore pro smart card. It was working prior to my computer losing it's operating system. However I had the computer cleaned up and the operating system re-installed so I should be good to go..but this darn error keeps showing up when I try to download from my smart card.

I had another thought on this subject. Depending on HOW the operating system was installed, you may have "issues" with other software, too. Many/most software packages these days establish links in the Registry......and if the operating system was just "reinstalled", those links may be gone, too. Have you tried your other software to see if it works?
Without knowing just WHAT they did and HOW they did it, it's a little hard to give definitive answers or suggestions.

Den
User since 05/14/05

track

Post by track » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:40 am

"You're not using a USB hub for your reader, are you?"

Yes...just plugging it into the front of the computer as I did before. I installed the encore on another computer...matching computer to the one that was redone...and I still get the same error message. Everything works ok ... shows it's downloading data from the smart card...but when it's done downloading instead of getting any data I get the error message.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:17 pm

track wrote:"You're not using a USB hub for your reader, are you?"

Yes...just plugging it into the front of the computer as I did before. I installed the encore on another computer...matching computer to the one that was redone...and I still get the same error message. Everything works ok ... shows it's downloading data from the smart card...but when it's done downloading instead of getting any data I get the error message.
I'm a little confused by your answer.
IF your card reader is plugged into a USB hub and NOT directly into the computer, try plugging it into a port on the computer.

Den
User since 05/14/05

track

Post by track » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:56 pm

It's plugged into the USB port on the back of the computer. The computer nerds say I need 1.8. Any ideas where I can get it?