Heated Hoses

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
John, RN

Heated Hoses

Post by John, RN » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:58 am

I bought an Aussie hose a couple of years ago, and it seems to be not working anymore. Has anyone noticed that theirs wears out or is wearing out?

aka Snorkdaddy

Niteair

Re: Heated Hoses

Post by Niteair » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:27 am

John
I've had mine for 2 or 3 years also, and had a problem about a year ago that was caused by the power plug from the power supply to the hose connection. Even though it has been Ok ever since, I have noticed that this connection does get quite warm sometimes, and that removing and reinserting it makes a good contact again. I'm using a Radio Shack Power supply and their connector to to attach to the hose.

ozij

Post by ozij » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:39 am

My locally bought power supply died after about 3 years. I bought a new one with slightly more amperage - same voltage. Nothing wrong with the hose.

O.
(edit typo...)

Last edited by ozij on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And now here is my secret, a very simple secret; it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

BeanMeScot

Post by BeanMeScot » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:42 am

It's a hose with a wire. How could it stop working unless the wire got cut? I could definately see the power supply having issues. I would think you could just replace it. There is nothing mechanical about the hose itself to "stop working".

mindy

Post by mindy » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:11 pm

I dropped my power supply and it broke into many pieces ... so I took it to Radio Shack and they said they didn't have anything that could replace it. I don't like to mess with things electrical, so I ended up buying a new one (from a US vendor of the Aussie heated hose - yes, they are still made by that company down under). This newer one has a power supply that seems much sturdier and also has a red "on" light.

Someone on this forum posted a suggestion given by the makers (I think) that if you're not sure if it's working, plug it in and place the hose in a plastic bag. In a few minutes you should be able to feel the warmth.

Mindy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
--- Author unknown