JNK is passing eggs and tomatoes around.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MusicMan

JNK is passing eggs and tomatoes around.

Post by MusicMan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:39 pm

I think I saw some eggs and tomatoes being passed around in the front row.
Last edited by MusicMan on Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Songbird

Re: JNK's New Rules Regarding Opinion Sharing by Newbies

Post by Songbird » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:03 pm

You are 100% mistaken, MusicMan. I'm still working on it, but please watch for my post in your Sticky Post for New CPAP Users? thread. You misread and misunderstood what Jeff wrote. You did.

Marsha
Resp. Pro M Series CPAP @ 12 cm, 0 C-Flex, 0 HH & Opus 360 mask (backup: Hybrid) since 8/11/08; member since 7/23/08
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. ~ Irish Proverb

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:28 pm

MusicMan, jnk is one of the most welcoming, helpful people I've seen on this board. I agree with Marsha that you mistook what Jeff was saying in this thread:

viewtopic/t36623/Sticky-Post-for-New-CPAP-Users.html
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

elader

Post by elader » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:36 pm

Hmmn, Well I have been nothing but grateful for the helpfulness and support of everyone on the forum. Although I am just a newbie to cpap forum, might I suggest that some of us might need to turn down our pressure ?

MusicMan

Post by MusicMan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:45 pm

elader wrote:Hmmn, Well I have been nothing but grateful for the helpfulness and support of everyone on the forum. Although I am just a newbie to cpap forum, might I suggest that some of us might need to turn down our pressure ?
I was helped by it too until he started attacking my posts. He found my triggers and hit them, and I reacted. Maybe I will try coming back under another username in the future and place him on ignore. This was not a good way to start here. I hate to lose a good forum like this. Yes, I overreacted but it was not his place to start ripping my posts like he was. This wasn't the first one.

Some of you are probably thinking I am mean-spirited. My avatar was nice until this crap happened. Some people don't take mocking and ridicule too well. Some of the people here probably have OCD and PTSD and don't take criticism too well. You don't start ripping into them with threats of eggs and tomatoes when they express an opinion. That is simply uncalled for. Some might say, "Well if they can't take it then leave." Sure, they can leave - but what's the point? Did it make someone feel better to run somebody off?

jules

Post by jules » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:49 pm

The forum is full of people from all walks of life - it isn't a very protective environment. We get all kinds - some good - some bad - some I wouldn't want to run into in a city.

As we grow up we learn that the protection our parents provided (or were supposed to provide), won't always be there. We learn to handle others, cope with their comments and criticism.

If you want a protective environment there is another apnea support forum out there. They like to monitor the posts and keep the real world out. Perhaps you need to seek them out.

However, it would be better to try to get a few good nights sleep and see how things look then.

Good luck in what you choose.

jules

Re: adfkqw

Post by jules » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:15 pm

looks like he sprung a leak -

all HELL is breaking loose

BallBuster

Post by BallBuster » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:17 pm

jules wrote:looks like he sprung a leak -

all HELL is breaking loose
Be forewarned that some of the long-time posters can be a little protective of the format, and rightfully so. A lot of group-think went into how it landed.

As for me, I'm not gonna suggest any changes till I've been here a year or two. Even then, I fully expect to get chewed out for suggesting it.

So, again, I applaud the thought. I'm just saying "duck" as a heads-up. I think I saw some eggs and tomatoes being passed around in the front row, and there's no chicken-wire in front of this stage.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:29 pm

Get a life musicman...for a 45 year old you are acting like a spoiled baby.

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:37 pm

I think that JNK and other noobs bring a new, crisp view and offer it in a very clever way. Of course when therapy becomes more effective it is much easier to see that.

Many of us come with very complex issues and may not even be aware of them, much less mention them openly.

OSA could be the very least of them. Sometimes it is hard to see thru the brain fog that OSA keeps us in.

I do like JNK's sense of humor.

But that is Just My Meaningless Opinion (JMMO)
GumbyCT, who is not certain he has been here long enuff to have one but does anyway, ha!

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

MusicMan

Post by MusicMan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:39 pm

LSAT wrote:Get a life musicman...for a 45 year old you are acting like a spoiled baby.
But be forewarned that some of the long-time posters can be a little protective of the format, and rightfully so. A lot of group-think went into how it landed.

As for me, I'm not gonna suggest any changes till I've been here a year or two. Even then, I fully expect to get chewed out for suggesting it.

So, again, I applaud the thought. I'm just saying "duck" as a heads-up. I think I saw some eggs and tomatoes being passed around in the front row, and there's no chicken-wire in front of this stage.

Stop acting like a little spoiled sissy.

BallBuster

Re: JNK is passing eggs and tomatoes around.

Post by BallBuster » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:07 pm

MusicMan wrote:I think I saw some eggs and tomatoes being passed around in the front row.
Give me a few... JNK taught me how to throw them. Who's first?

BallBuster

Post by BallBuster » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:39 pm

BallBuster

Post by BallBuster » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:41 pm

See here's how it works. A newbie shows up. Somebody trashes the newbie. So newbie trashes the place on his way out, because he has nothing more to lose. Get it?

freepostg

Post by freepostg » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:49 am

MusicMan wrote:
LSAT wrote:Get a life musicman...for a 45 year old you are acting like a spoiled baby.
But be forewarned that some of the long-time posters can be a little protective of the format, and rightfully so. A lot of group-think went into how it landed.

Stop acting like a little spoiled sissy.
Music man, I see you've quoted Jeff and added "Stop acting like a little spoiled sissy" at the bottom.

I cannot find any kind of kind of attack in Jeff's posts from that thread. In fact, as I was initially reading it, I found myself agreeing with him, not that it matters.
To me, he's giving a little advice based on his experiences. To interpret what he had said to you as an "attack", is most unfortunate and certainly off track on your part, in my view. The speed at which you've turned on him is most astonishing given the fact that everyone else seems to have picked up on this.

I don't know anyone on this forum personally but I have seen people like yourself who have instantly turned on other people like a wild animal with no basis to support their actions. I'm basing this on my interpretation of the posts in question along with the very strong responses by others. Sadly, this is one of the negative aspects of open forum communication as has been mentioned earlier.

I am pleased with the support all of you have given to Jeff, although, again, I've never talked with him personally in the past, As well, I hope that this thread drops shortly as it certainly isn't a pleasant thing to say the least Music man.
Regards,