cushioning for the mirage quattro FF mask -- please help

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ofarchesandants

cushioning for the mirage quattro FF mask -- please help

Post by ofarchesandants » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:45 am

A nasal mask didn't work for me and then i went through several FFmasks before my present mirage quattro of which i alternate between medium as large as they both have pluses and minuses. overall i love the mask but am amazed that it is designed with such hard, sharp edges without sufficient cushioning. Those edges dig in at both my chin and the bridge of my nose. at this point, that issue seems to be the only thing keeping me from wearing the mask all night. though it doesn't hurt initially, i wake up after about 3 hours from the pain of the ridges indented into my skin from the hard mask edges.

I may have solved the chin one last night with a small piece of self stick mole foam on the chin portion. That would be harder to do on the nose part though, plus i worry that reapetedly taping something might damage the silicone parts of the mask. any thoughts on that? what else can i do? so far i really like the mask otherwise.

on this forum i saw a couple ideas i wondered about. one was using some type of putty which seems like it might work but what type of putty is used and where do you get it? another appeared to be some type of cozy that worked on both the forehead and bridge of nose but i could not exactly tell from the pictures. anyone have any thoughts on that?

other suggestions?
thanks,
gregg )

DreamStalker

Re: cushioning for the mirage quattro FF mask -- please help

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:50 am

I think they use silicone ... they cut open ear plugs (Macs or some brand like that). They roll the silicone into string/rope shape and stick it to area where you loose seal. It conforms to shape of face to make seal.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

mindy

Post by mindy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:08 am

That's Mack's ear plugs with the term "silicone putty" on the box.

I've used a small piece of moleskin on my nose on top of the padacheek Quattro forehead cover (which drapes down to cover part of the nose). Both helped.

Mindy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
--- Author unknown

ofarchesandants

Post by ofarchesandants » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:24 pm

thanks all, great suggestions. i'll give them all a try.
gregg )

looking4zzzz

Post by looking4zzzz » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:07 pm

I just put one of those tiny circle bandaids at the bridge of my nose and then put the mask on, and that eliminated the bridge of the nose soreness for me.