CPAPAuction question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
papdad

CPAPAuction question

Post by papdad » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:51 pm

I placed a bid on an item on CPAPAuction ( my first time to bid on anything on CPAP auctions ) and was advised on 11-2 that I had won the bid. The seller had a 100% track record at the time that i was bidding on the item. I sent an email to the seller on 11-2 and did send subsequent emails but have not had any response. Seller has had 3 negative postings early november & yes I did send payment via Paypal.

What are my options now -- if any ?
ResMed VPAP Auto 25 - HumidAire 4i - Mirage Quattro FF - Invacare Platinum XL & Homefill II

birdshell

Re: CPAPAuction question

Post by birdshell » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:03 am

Off the top of my head, I'd say give the seller a few more days. It hasn't been all that long (4 days) and it may have been sent by now.

Sometimes something happens in the seller's life; this happened to one of my favorite eBay sellers. I was astounded to seek out her listings and find a number of negative ratings. When I wrote to her to ask if she was still selling items, she explained she had had a sudden illness resulting in hospitalization. This wreaked havoc with her selling rating (percentage), though.

PayPal has a dispute procedure. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... de#dispute

This is the PayPal Buyer Complaint Policy (contained in the User Agreement for PayPal Service: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/websc ... nt-outside

Here is a website that has advice on disputes for many companies, including PayPal: http://getsatisfaction.com/paypal

I hope the easy thing happens for you and your item arrives within a couple of days.

Karen,
Who hopes the easy button works for you Image
Be kinder than necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Click => Free Mammograms

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:56 am

Give the seller a week to see if they respond. If after a week you don't hear anything file a dispute with Paypal. Things do happen as Bird stated and it might be they have had an emergency of some sort.

Although a few weeks ago a couple of posters had problems with a particular seller. You might post the name and see if anyone else has dealt with them.
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

johnnygoodman

Post by johnnygoodman » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:12 am

Howdy,

I'm sorry this transaction has not gone off smoothly. In addition to the comments on this thread, another thing to do is pay via paypal USING A CREDIT CARD. That way if Paypal doesn't do the right thing, you have a credit card charge back option.

Here's more on that and general best buyer practices:

http://www.cpapauction.com/welcome.php

Johnny

papdad

Post by papdad » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:03 pm

I do use Card with Paypal rather than straight to bank account -- so that's a good thing. I did recieve an email back from CPAPAuctions giving me the seller's phone number but have been unable to get an answer so far. I have been wondering if something might have happened on seller's end because all of the comments were 100% up to 11-4 and then he hasn't answered anybody since then.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions & I do hope that it works out -- really good price for the mask.

papdad
ResMed VPAP Auto 25 - HumidAire 4i - Mirage Quattro FF - Invacare Platinum XL & Homefill II

FoxNewsFan

Post by FoxNewsFan » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:59 pm

Perhaps his computer went down and he's having it repaired. Maybe he lives in one of the states that are having 3-4 feet of snow. Maybe his browser thinks your e-mails are spam. There are many things that could be going on. I hope it will work out for you. It's hard to have patience.

I just got my mask from an auction seller 10 minutes ago. Going to try it tonight.

Ed
ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset APAP
ResMed Mirage Quattro FFM
Backup ResMed S9

papdad

Post by papdad » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:37 pm

Thanks ED, My wife says that he got caught stealing all those masks and is now in jail.
Just can't seem to get the little smiles to work on my posts -- bummer. Anyway, Thanks

boston

Post by boston » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:39 pm

papdad wrote:Thanks ED, My wife says that he got caught stealing all those masks and is now in jail.
Just can't seem to get the little smiles to work on my posts -- bummer. Anyway, Thanks
ive often wondered about some of the deals ive gotten on ebay, if they were "HOT" or not.

papdad

Post by papdad » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:14 pm

Just received another email from CPAPAuction.com -- Stated that they had spoken with seller and he said that he would resolve the issue -- all may not be lost.
Don't know about the seller but CPAPAuctions is A+
NB
-- Still can't get those silly smiley faces to work

boston

Post by boston » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:26 pm

papdad wrote: -- Still can't get those silly smiley faces to work
just place your cursor where you want one and click on one from the menu on the right

papdad

Post by papdad » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:43 pm

Oohhhhhhh ------ THANK YOU

ldemmery

Post by ldemmery » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:19 pm

Thanks, I didn't know CPAP Auction existed, just found it. Thanks

Lynne