Swift II and nasal mask/head gear opinions requested

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Allan-Dallas

Swift II and nasal mask/head gear opinions requested

Post by Allan-Dallas » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:58 am

Still looking for a good nite sleep with CPAP. My BEST night was at my sleep study (best nites sleep in years). I'm considering moving into a sleep center -- joke.

I have the Swift II and wanted to find out how those of you using this mask (nasal pillows), attached the tube. Currently I have been letting it just hang, and do not have it attached to the side of my headstraps as shown in the product picture. How are those of you who like this mask running your hose? I wonder by me just having it hang (not attached to headstrap) is causing undo discomfort by pulling on the pillows. Part of my problem is not being comfortable and I'm trying to pin point the issue.

Nasal masks -- while I tried a full face mask and other nasal pillows masks, I have not tried a mask that only covers the nose. Any recommendations on those of you using a nasal mask?

I'm thinking that the whole headgear bothers me. Are there any headgears that are "less invasive"?

Thanks.

Treesap

Re: Swift II and nasal mask/head gear opinions requested

Post by Treesap » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:33 pm

The least invasive mask I've used is the Swift LT. It's extremely lightweight. I don't route the hose over my head because it pulls too much on my nose, so hose hangs downward which works very well for me. I like to have the option to sleep on either side.

I liked the Swift II, but it only allows you to sleep on one side. I've used the Optilife for a long time before switching to the Swift LT, and it was pretty comfortable for me as well.

If you try the Swift LT, ask Padacheeks for a pair of Padacheeks for the mask. It will keep you from getting circular marks on your face.

boston

Post by boston » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Ive used the swift lt for 5 nights now and love it, i can finally sleep on my side(either side), it is so light weight esp. compared to my last mask (comfort gel).
I just let the hose hang, no problems yet.
I have been th inking of getting an 8 ft. hose, as I have a 6 ft hose and a little extra would be nice now and then.

pudellvr

Post by pudellvr » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:37 pm

I have used this mask for a year.

I use velcro to fasten the tube to my least used side. I could not tolerate it hanging free due to leaks. Do not tighten this tight. It is meant to rest on your lip. You will cause more leaks with it tight.

Teflon tape is needed at all joints. You can buy this in the plumbing repair section of a hardware store.

I am a side/stomach sleeper. This mask is better but not great. I am researching other masks. I would like to go with the Swift LT but am also looking at the Ultra Mirage FFM due to mouth breathing issues.

“The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances.” (Elizabeth Elliott)

coldnose

Post by coldnose » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:45 pm

I love my Swift 2. I've been attaching my Swift hose to the top buckle for over a year. This stabilizes the hose has helps prevent leaks as well as allowing me to sleep on both sides. Doing this allows the routing of my main hose at the top of my head and I can also wear my glasses if I want to. Pictures of this are at the following location:

viewtopic.php?t=4290&highlight=swift+ho ... g+daughter

Thanks to poster Sleepdeprived, he has saved me many nights of sleep.

Good Luck and Sleep Well!

---gary

2+2 = 5 for large values of 2....

Treesap

Post by Treesap » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:55 am

Great idea for the Swift II! I'll have to set mine up like that too.

Allan-Dallas

Post by Allan-Dallas » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Thanks everyone. Great feedback. Appreciate it.

uncoonfop

TheCellFreak.com vs. Mixer.com – Sending Free SMS

Post by uncoonfop » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:15 pm

Attention All Forum Shoppers! Image

Keep your wallets in your pocket cause I've finally got something to PiMP that's Free! A friend recently sent me this link to TheCellFreak.com RingTone Site that allows you to search, listen & download all the most popular ringtones for free.

The cool thing is you can send the ringtones to any mobile phone worldwide for free. Anyway, you can't fight with free - so it's worth pimping!