alternative headgear for Quattro or UMFF

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
canyongirl

alternative headgear for Quattro or UMFF

Post by canyongirl » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:55 am

I have been using both the Ultra mirage Full Face Mask and the QUattro. I need new headgear.

Has anyone used the Premium Headgear with EZ Peel Tabs for Comfort Series Masks for the masks above? or rec. any others?

I know it doesn't go with that mask, but I would like a different headgear, one with more comfort and better shape for me.

BTW
Never got the apap, too mnay problems with the DME, so i fired them, They hadn't been paying the insurance company and when they did it was one month too late for a new machine. started another and they are looking for a used apap for me. I upped my pressure from 10 to 12, but don't have any data. I feel good though. Used my dads apap, and self titrated at 12...so Ill wait it out and slef titrate when necessary.

Thanks again for all the help as awlays.... I read daily and learn so much

BadBreath

Post by BadBreath » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:27 am

I've tried the Comfort Series but found I prefer the Tiara Medical CoolCap. It is lighter and cooler and comes in three sizes (M, L, XL) for a better fit. The straps have thinner material so no face marks and therefore no need for the sweaty mask guards. It comes with an optional quick strap release. Choice of black or white. They also make one in the "Healthdyne" style.

Medline also makes a "Coolcap" in blue, also with three sizes. Looks virtually identical to the Tiara Medical, might be by the same manufacturer.

Respironics' version is the "Softcap", but it only comes in one size and looks to be heavier material.

jules

Post by jules » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:58 pm

You can try making your own with inch or so wide elastic bands crossed over the back of your head. I realize this isn't the same mask, but just to give you an idea of what you can try. My best venture uses 3 pieces behind my head - crossed over from the "clips" then a 3rd piece under the base of my head.

Post by Guest » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:43 am

You can try the new Pap-Cap from SleepGuy:

http://www.pur-sleep.com/content/?id=44

And here

http://www.pur-sleep.com/products/produ ... category=6

Cheers,
Babs

guest as canyongirl

thanks

Post by guest as canyongirl » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:11 am

thanks for the ideas... jules i may try this....