DeVilbiss Intellipap Question and DME Soundoff

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Snoozie

DeVilbiss Intellipap Question and DME Soundoff

Post by Snoozie » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:54 am

I am looking at purchasing this machine as a backup, due to the reasonable price. Does anyone have experience with it?

Reason being....Two days ago my RemstarPro2 went on the fritz. I noticed it beeping when I came home from work. Called the DME and he said it would be the next day before someone could look at it or I could get a loaner. I then had a panic attack and said I have never slept without it as when I doze off on the sofa, I start to get the beginnings of a migraine. He the says, "Well, how did you sleep before you had it?" Not an intelligent answer. I then say "Well, I had a 6 day straight migraine and apparently stopped breathing, do you not think that is serious?"

Well, then he changed his attitude, only because I assume he thought I could report him and he could get into trouble. Mind you, I work in a hospital and we would be fired on the spot if we talked to a patient that way. I am still deciding if I should file a complaint for his unintelligent attitude.

Anyhow, I have decided to go ahead and get my machine repaired, which will take 4 weeks, but they do provide a loaner. The reason I will not purchase a new one through this DME is that they do not provide what I want, just what they think I should have, and I also wanted to try an APAP, plus this route would allow me to have the extra backup. Call me a hypochondriac, but I don't want to be caught in this situation again. I'm sure I would have survived, but I do know that I would have had to miss a days work if I went without it for a night.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:30 am

What you needed to do was to unplug it. Remove the smart card. plug it back in. and test run it, odd's are it would work fine, if so don't let a DME touch it. (It's a Tank.)

If it works OK, turn it off, unplug it, put the Smart Card Back in correctly, plug it in and start it up see if it's OK. Jim

Did I mention don't let a DME touch it except as a last resort.

Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:38 am

DeVilbiss Intellipap, how intelligent could it be if the manufacturer can't make software for it. I'd find a smarter one. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:54 am

I'd get the DeVillbiss, price is right, feedback on it is very good, excellent design and reported very quiet.

Therapy results with DeVllbiss has always been good.

I would get it with the integrated humidifier, the whole package reportedly is good.

someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...