Which machine provides full data from front panel?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tony22

Which machine provides full data from front panel?

Post by tony22 » Tue May 13, 2008 5:57 am

I'm currently using a S8 Escape. Works okay but I think I'd prefer something at least with exhalation relief, and also one that is full data capable. I want to be able to check as many vital metrics as possible. What I'd like to know, though, is that if I have to fight for something like this I'd prefer a machine that can supply all that info through the front panel. Of course if software is available for it that's okay, but my preference would be not to have to constantly download data to be able to track stuff. Is there a good machine that can give me ex. relief, leak detection and compensation, and full data from the front? With a reasonably deep memory so that it won't wipe out a night's worth of data after 24 hours?

alnhwrd

Post by alnhwrd » Tue May 13, 2008 6:26 am

Sounds like you are describing the S8 Elite. The LED display shows your nightly data, including average pressure, leak rate, AHI, AI and HI. Every day at noon the previous nights data is rolled into the weekly average. As time goes on, you can review your weekly, monthly, six months, and annual average. EPR, the Resmed exhalation relief, can be set for 1, 2 or 3 cm. I like mine a lot.

tony22

Post by tony22 » Tue May 13, 2008 6:39 am

Thanks alnhwrd. I was looking at the Elite, but I called my DME and found it has been replaced with the Elite II, which is not yet available in my area (East Coast U.S.). Not sure I can wait as long as it may take for it to be available.

NightHawkeye

Post by NightHawkeye » Tue May 13, 2008 6:51 am

Question:
tony22 wrote:Which machine provides full data from front panel?
Answer: NONE!

Front panel data provided by currently available machines can tell you if your therapy is working well, but is not very good at helping you correct problems. The front panel readouts provide only summary information. That often leaves a lot to be desired when corrections to therapy are needed.

Has your nose recovered yet?

Regards,
Bill

tony22

Post by tony22 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:33 am

NightHawkeye wrote:Question:
tony22 wrote:Has your nose recovered yet?

Regards,
Bill
Not yet. I think it will take a while longer.

Then, which machine (if any) is most informative from the front panel?

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue May 13, 2008 11:01 am

The Resmed S8 Elite. No other brand of xPAP provides as easy access to as much info via the LED screen than the Resmeds.

You will get the pressure at or below which you spent 95% of the night, the leak rate at or below which you encountered 95% of the night, your AHI, AI and HI for the night, the number of hours you used it that night, the total number of hours it has been used, the number of nights it has been used and the number of nights you've used it since the first night of use.

And you get all that w/just a 2 button push and hold for 3-4 seconds.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

sleeplessinaz

Post by sleeplessinaz » Tue May 13, 2008 11:34 am

Hello Slinky----I just got my Resmed S8 ELITE. LOVE IT so far!! Can you let me know how these readings are interpreted?
Press: 7.2
Leak: 0.06 L/S
AHI: 2.5
AI: 0.0
HI: 2.5
What does all this mean to me exactly-? I know there was a thread on this while back but I was unable to find it. If you can let me know that would be GREAT!!

This was using the F & P 407 Flexifit---
Carrie

APAP setting is 6 to 12
HH 2.5
Side Sleeper
HypoThyroidism & Diabetes
New Airsense autoset 12/08/14

tony22

Post by tony22 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Well, I called the DME. They no longer carry the Elite - show it as discontinued. But they also do not show anything for the Elite II. They only show the Escape and the Autoset right now. Time to call Resmed and find out where it is in the pipeline.

hobbs

Post by hobbs » Tue May 13, 2008 12:17 pm

sleeplessinaz wrote: Press: 7.2
Leak: 0.06 L/S
AHI: 2.5
AI: 0.0
HI: 2.5
Those are the best numbers I have seen anyone post from a S8 machine. Looks like you are doing real well.Image

sleeplessinaz

Post by sleeplessinaz » Tue May 13, 2008 1:19 pm

Hi Hobbs--thanks for your feedback---much appreciation!! LOL!
Carrie

APAP setting is 6 to 12
HH 2.5
Side Sleeper
HypoThyroidism & Diabetes
New Airsense autoset 12/08/14

cflame1

Post by cflame1 » Tue May 13, 2008 4:15 pm

Tony... if you're sticking with Resmed... and they'll offer you a Vantage... take it and run!

It's an auto machine.

tony22

Post by tony22 » Tue May 13, 2008 6:06 pm

Yeah I was wondering if I shouldn't be looking a gift horse in the mouth. But...

I called Resmed. First of all I have to say that my impression of their Customer Service is very positive. Matt, the fellow I spoke with, decided that he would call the sales rep for my DME directly to tell him about the new Mk.II models of both the Elite and Autoset, and that they could now be ordered directly. He took my name and number and said he would call me back with status.

He called me back tonight just to tell me he had tried to contact the rep but had not yet spoken with him!

The new models are supposed to be so much quieter, so I figured that might be enough of a reason to push for one of those. Besides, my DME is willing to supply me with a Vantage, but only if my doc writes the scrip for one. I'm pretty sure I can get him to write a scrip for an Elite, but as he was quite direct about me not needing an APAP I suspect he may not write one for the Vantage.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue May 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Well, you never know. If you explain the problem about getting an Elite right now and the offer of a Vantage if he will script it the doctor just might relent and script the Vantage.

Meanwhile on the other end you've got Resmed trying to contact your DME and get you the "new" Elite so things just might work out well for you either way. Keep us up to date and GOOD LUCK!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

zorrro13

Post by zorrro13 » Tue May 13, 2008 9:00 pm

[quote="tony22"]Yeah I was wondering if I shouldn't be looking a gift horse in the mouth. But...

I called Resmed. First of all I have to say that my impression of their Customer Service is very positive. Matt, the fellow I spoke with, decided that he would call the sales rep for my DME directly to tell him about the new Mk.II models of both the Elite and Autoset, and that they could now be ordered directly. He took my name and number and said he would call me back with status.

He called me back tonight just to tell me he had tried to contact the rep but had not yet spoken with him!

The new models are supposed to be so much quieter, so I figured that might be enough of a reason to push for one of those. Besides, my DME is willing to supply me with a Vantage, but only if my doc writes the scrip for one. I'm pretty sure I can get him to write a scrip for an Elite, but as he was quite direct about me not needing an APAP I suspect he may not write one for the Vantage.

tony22

Post by tony22 » Wed May 14, 2008 3:32 pm

I called my sleep tech today and told her I was having problems breathing out at night. Asked for for either an EPR model or an APAP. She insisted that the APAP was not indicated for me but had no problem changing out my S8 Escape for an EPR capable. Figuring I can chip away at this mountain a bit at a time I asked if she could write me up for a S8 Elite II. She said "Sure". Bammo! I will at least have something that gives me the minimum of what I think I need right now. And with the details available on the front panel I will be able to get some idea of how things are going, even if I can't get the software... right now .