FF Masks

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dot

Post by Dot » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:54 pm

Lori, I know nothing about the oracle as have never used one. This might sound stupid, but heres how I keep my hose held- I own one of those pillows used for sitting up in bed. I puff up my regular bed pillow high enough so the mask doesn`t hit the bed when on my side and lay it between the arms of the sit-up pillow to keep it puffed up. Then I bring the hose from the lowered machine up, in front of one arm of the pillow, then under the edge of the reg. pillow and then coming up between the sit-up pillow and the back side ot the reg pillow letting it come over the reg pillow and back down to my face mask. With the extra hose length extending over the reg pillow I can turn without it causing any tightness from the mask. I sleep alone, so the sit-up pillow bothers noone else.Maybe this is why i don`t have the water problem. Good Luck, Wish you the best finding a cure.

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:34 pm

Dot, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I share the bed with someone who takes up a lot of room (a rover you might say). No room on the bed for any extra pillows with him around
L o R i

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:57 pm

I agree with whoever said "for me" is really the most important thing.

After hearing rave reviews on cpaptalk.com about the Resmed Ultra Mirage FF mask, I bought one. I HATE it. If farts and gaps like crazy.

I quickly went back to my Repironics ComfortFull FF mask and although it still leaks some, it is great compared to the other.

That's my 2 cents.

Dot

Post by Dot » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:06 am

Guest, I also use the respironics Comfort FF Mask and most of the time i have good luck with it. I didn`t like the one with the outward curved adjustment style, but do much better with the inward more flat slanted adjustment (that goes between the forhead section and the nose area). it fits my face shape better . The curved outward adjustment section seemed too tight on my nose and was making it all chafed and sore-- the inward flatter style doesn`t hurt my nose that way.

hockeydad

Post by hockeydad » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:31 am

I use the ultra mirage FF, am a side sleeper and occasional night time rover, haven't had any problems yet, seems to work "for me".

On the rain out issue, had that happen for the first time a couple of nights ago, woke both my wife & I up, the "burbling" sounds from the hose filling up. Not completely surprised, only been using it for a couple of months, and we've just got our first really hot, humid weather here in the northeast just in the past week or so, guess it was the humidity that made it worse. I just drained the hose back into the tank, and turned the humidifier off, didn't seem to happen again. Left the humidfier off last night, no problems.

Severeena

Post by Severeena » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:37 pm

I would go with anything but the Ultra Mirage FF mask.

I have the HR and now the company is trying to help me with the dealer from hell that doesn't even sell the HR let alone know how to measure the mask.

They put me in a small and I need a petite. I am out $188.64

I hope HR can help me.

Not all Masks work for everyone. Each Person is Different.

Newsgrouper

Post by Newsgrouper » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:45 pm

I contacted HR for a measuring caliper and they replied that hey couldn't send me one. They told me I had to get the ncaliper and order from a local dealer. Now If I could only find a dealer who knows what a Hans Rudolph is let alone how to order one. HR has one unique marketing plan!

Severeena

Post by Severeena » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:07 am

I would contact cpap.com or Sunrise Medical to see if they can help.
They are both on the internt.
HR wants me to contact the people I bought my mask from and tell them they can sterilize this mask and use it as a demo and order me the correct size.
HR will be contacting the people I got the HR mask from to see why they never measured me in the first place and just ordered masks as to what size they think I need.
I will wait until time to get my right size HR through Medicare which is only 18 days from now.
I will go back to my original DME and see if they can order me a petite HR with the Sensa Seal.

Not all Masks work for everyone. Each Person is Different.