CPAP - What you've learned the hard way...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jomac30

Post by jomac30 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:38 pm

Got ready to mail my "smart card" to my DME to read data for the last 2 months. Went to take it out of the machine and it wasn't there. That card ain't so "smart" after all!!!!!!

Country4ever

Post by Country4ever » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:00 pm

Shari......lol! That reminds me of the time my remote didn't work to open my car door and I sort of freaked out...........then I realized I could use the key!!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:21 pm

I have done that exact same thing with my car!!!!

And I've forgotten to breathe through my mouth when the mask cut out, too!

I'm famous for nearly expiring on potty breaks when wearing a mask and trying to breathe through it.

New mask comes on and off easily without fiddling, so I just take it off now.

BTW, you can get this nice heavy duty velcro strapping stuff that is made for earthquakes. It's designed to tie down your TV and computer. Works really well on the cpap machine, and you can still unhook it when you need to take the machine with you.

LOL,
Babs

coldnose

Post by coldnose » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:27 pm

I put on my mask, crawled into bed, just like every night, reach over and turned on my machine only to realize I hadn't connected the hose to the mask. DUB!!! Works great with the hose connected. The really sad part is I did this twice in the same week. And yes, I was sobor...

2+2 = 5 for large values of 2....

allen476

Post by allen476 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:02 pm

I've learned that the really high pitch whistling can be an empty and open humidifier chamber and doesn't require an hours worth of looking at everything else.

Also when rolling over in your sleep, make sure the hose is above your head or you can have a really bad dream about a boa constrictor wrapping around your head. Usually the sound of the machine hitting the floor wakes you from it.

Allen

vesselpessel

Post by vesselpessel » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:22 pm

Country4ever - I'm not sure I understand why you can't answer the phone while hooked up to the machine. I did it the other morning and nothing dangerous happened. Of course, I moved the mask away so I could be understood. Which brings me to another question. Is there any danger of being hooked up to your machine during a lightning storm?

Gerald

Post by Gerald » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:31 pm

Don't forget to fill the humidifier......I didn't one night.....and awoke to the worst smell.......I thought the house was on fire.

You'll only do this ONCE.

Gerald

Country4ever

Post by Country4ever » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:37 pm

vesselpessel.........I wear a nasal pillow, so when I try to talk with that in place, air gushes out of my mouth. Sounds pretty weird! Then, if I just take it off without turning off the machine, it sounds like I'm in a tornado.
....auntie Em.....auntie Em......