Clearing Leak Data on "M" Pro

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
6PtStar

Clearing Leak Data on "M" Pro

Post by 6PtStar » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:35 am

Any one know how to clear the leak data on a "M" Pro. I changed masks and would like to get rid of the large leak data from the previous mask. I had the instructions on clearing the data in the AUTO but it doesn't seem to be the same in the Pro.

Jerry

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:19 am

You cannot clear just the Leak data, it will clear all LCD data, it leaves it on the SmartCard but clears therapy data from LCD display as well.

To clear:

1. Hold down the two <- _-> arrow keys while plugging in the power.
2. After beep is heard, release, press -> arrow key to move to Therapy screen, hold down (-) minus key for 5 seconds until data reverts back to zero.
3. Press On/Off button to exit.

someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:33 pm

Well, somebody tell me if I am in trouble. I did not realise it would clear all the data, Total hours, blower hours, etc. It is still under rental so are they going to be able to confirm compliance now or is that strange compliance number going to be enough. I was just trying to get rid of the large leak data with the new mask.

cflame1

Post by cflame1 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:25 pm

Read the first sentence of Snoredog's post again 6PT (the emphasis is mine)
You cannot clear just the Leak data, it will clear all LCD data, it leaves it on the SmartCard but clears therapy data from LCD display as well.

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:49 pm

I guess I made it worse because I erased the Smart Card. The only hope would be to print the compliance pages I have on file in Encore Pro. Wonder what my DME and my insurance company is gonna say.

higgy

Post by higgy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:25 am

Should be easy enough to explain. Show them the old data, the new data with the numbers reset and tell them what you did and why. I am sure this will not be the first, nor the last time this will happen. Just tell them.'

Dane

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:38 pm

My bet is that most insurance companies don't bother to make the DME "prove" the user's compliance with a rental machine. And if the insurance company doesn't make the DME do that, most DMEs sure aren't going to EVER bother to look at the card themselves.

Why would a DME want to know that a person isn't using the machine enough or at all? The DME is perfectly happy getting the rental fee each month without rocking the boat. So unless insurance is not willing to take the DME's word for it that the machine is being used, the DME's not gonna take the time or effort to look at your Smart Card.

If the time ever comes that the DME wants to do a download of the card, you can explain then "wha' hoppened."
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Patrick A

Post by Patrick A » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:44 pm

Boy that sounds about right for any DME, RG. You hit that on the nail head!

Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:55 pm

If you have a smart card and Encore Pro, Why would you care about what was on the LCD in the first place? That data is known to be mis-leading at best, at the worst,it's not accurate. Jim

Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:07 pm

I had heard that medicare required it in order to keep renting past a 3 month period. I know when the guy came out to check the oxygen consentrator he walked over and looked at the CPAP. Not for sure whether he pulled up the screen or not. I know he recorded the numbers on the concentrator.

The reason I was trying to clear the leak data is that it kept showing up the large leaks I had with the FF mask and messing with the averages on the smart card read out. I know I should have just looked at the individual days information but I just got obsessive about things being the way I wanted.