still tired

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
guest J

still tired

Post by guest J » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:22 pm

hey folks
Having been on CPAP treatment for about 6weeks now, I find that I'm still tired.
The first three weeks I felt rested but still woke up a lot.
Then, as I became more accustomed to the equipment, I slept more thru the night. But didn't seem to wake refreshed.
Now I will hit the snooze probably 4-5 times and finally get up.
My CPAP is set @ 11cm with heated humidifier. I use an Ultra Mirage nasal mask. I hardly know its there. I'm not having any problem with the pressure.(Sometimes I have to open my mouth to make sure its on.) I just don't feel rested. Or I just don't remember how tired I used to be!

Just looking for some feedback. This is such a great board for information.
Thanks J

Severeena

Post by Severeena » Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:26 pm

You may want to try the full face mask by the same company.

Not all Masks work for everyone. Each Person is Different.

Night Owl

Post by Night Owl » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:24 pm

Are you having lots of dreams ?

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:27 pm

Just remember it takes awhile. You did not get deprived in just six weeks and you will not recoup in six. But each week will be better. If you are getting through the night now, you will improve faster. One day you will just realize that you feel good.

guest J

Post by guest J » Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:53 am

The equipment is fine. I really don't mind using it.
As a little background, I am trying to quit smoking. It's been six weeks also. So, (and my wife kids me about this), the only dream I can remember is sneaking behind the house to smoke!
I guess it just takes more time.
Thanks for the info. If it gets better I'll let ya'll know. "J"

Lindi

Post by Lindi » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:55 am

to guestJ - I quit smoking about 14 months ago (before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea) but I too dreamed about sneaking out back for a smoke on and off for about 6 months. It was funny - my DH quit at the same time and in my dreams he would catch me smoking and want one too. We had a chuckle over that but we are both still smoke free.

Hang in there - it gets better everyday. It is definitely worth it to quit. Lindi.