ResMed Liberty Mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TiredMommy

ResMed Liberty Mask

Post by TiredMommy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:07 pm

After 2 masks (Mirage Activa Nasal Mask and Ultra Mirage FF Mask), I have just ordered the new Liberty nasal cushion FF mask.

The Nasal mask works fine for me; but, I can't find a chin strap to work for me and I don't like taping my mouth closed, etc. The FF mask that I have has never fit and I have extreme leaks with it.

Now on to the reason for this post.....Does anyone have the new Liberty mask? Is it good for side sleeping? Also, my bipap pressure is 17/13. Is this pressure too high for a nasal system?

I purchased the return insurance policy with cpap.com so if this doesn't work, I can send it back.

I would just like some input from fellow users.

Thanks so much!

TiredMommy

That post didn't make sense and I wrote it!!

Post by TiredMommy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:10 pm

Sorry about the confusing parts of my post. I wrote it and it confused me!!

The Liberty is a pillow system mask, not a nasal one.

I have never used a pillow system one, only a nasal and FF.

My brain must be a little fuzzy today! Imagine that!

new2

Post by new2 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:35 pm

The liberty is hard to fit, but Teleflex Hybrid has 3 mouth sizes.
If u want this kind of mask, you cant miss your fit with the teleflex Hybrid.I have both and love the hybrid

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:50 pm

I second the fact that Resmed's Mirage Liberty has some serious issues.
And ,so much for Resmed being origional innovators. Side by side you can't tell but sleep with them and you can clearly see the hybrid is a far superior mask. You can tell that a lot more thought to detail went into inventing and manufacturing the hybrid. I can't believe I got talked into taking a liberty instead of the hybrid because "it's Resmed, it must be better made". The mouth leaks like hell and the swivel leaked the second day and that was before I formed a blister on my upper mouth area. Got the hybrid the night before last and I'm in heaven. What a difference and they look so much alike. go figure. Resmed is clearly not the company they use to be.

roster

Post by roster » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:13 pm

[quote="Anonymous"]I second the fact that Resmed's Mirage Liberty has some serious issues.
And ,so much for Resmed being origional innovators. Side by side you can't tell but sleep with them and you can clearly see the hybrid is a far superior mask. You can tell that a lot more thought to detail went into inventing and manufacturing the hybrid. I can't believe I got talked into taking a liberty instead of the hybrid because "it's Resmed, it must be better made". The mouth leaks like hell and the swivel leaked the second day and that was before I formed a blister on my upper mouth area. Got the hybrid the night before last and I'm in heaven. What a difference and they look so much alike. go figure. Resmed is clearly not the company they use to be.

tillymarigold

Post by tillymarigold » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:18 pm

rooster wrote:If you are a member, please log in. I am always suspicious of conflict of interest when a Guest compares competing products.
That's some chutzpah there, rooster. Believe it or don't, no one says you have to take anonymous posts at face value, but why should someone who comes to this board to help others have to justify themselves to you? And why on earth would having a member name make someone inherently more credible anyway?

If you look at the name you can see that the same person (or at least the same computer) has also posted under the member names JPZeller and Breathless.

patbringer

Post by patbringer » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:13 pm

I've used the Hybrid for over 9 months and the Liberty for a week. My report comparing the two can be found in the last post of the thread below.

viewtopic.php?t=20684

Cheers!

Pat

socknitster

Post by socknitster » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:32 pm

I also have both. They each have pros and cons and will fit each person differently. I am not able to use either, actually, and just offered to sell them to someone in another thread.

I like pillows--I use the Optilife. I just can't get the whole configuration to work. I wish I could. I'd much rather use one of these than tape my mouth. Unfortunately, taping is just more comfy. Ugh.

Jen

roster

Post by roster » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:29 am

patbringer wrote:I've used the Hybrid for over 9 months and the Liberty for a week. My report comparing the two can be found in the last post of the thread below.

viewtopic.php?t=20684

Cheers!

Pat
Thanks Pat, That dissuades me from wasting energy and time to try a Liberty mask.

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:04 am

If taping bothers you, you might be more comfortable using poligrip strips. They will seal your mouth shut but with enough force will allow you to open your mouth. There are some posts that explain how to use them, you can do a search for them.

Brenda

socknitster

Post by socknitster » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:38 am

Oh, yes, I'll try anything, apparantly! So, I've already tried polident. Tape just works better for me, but I'll probably revisit it sometime.

Jen

momadams

Post by momadams » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:05 pm

Call me crazy, but Polident Strips hold better for me if I use plenty of shea butter lip balm first.