Cats!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:20 pm

Elliott (My cat) loves to curl up and sleep next to my unit. While he does not chew on anything, he can be "gas-ey"... and in that proximity, that is no fun!

preemiern

Post by preemiern » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:20 pm

Denise--I have a 9 year old Maine Coon that looks alot like yours--weighs 22 pounds!! and LOVES to put his paw over my air vent as well!!! oh-yes--he also loves to curl up in my bathroom sink!! I just couldn't find that picture--Cindy

Image[/img]

luneman

Post by luneman » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:23 pm

Anonymous wrote:Elliott (My cat) loves to curl up and sleep next to my unit. While he does not chew on anything, he can be "gas-ey"... and in that proximity, that is no fun!
Sorry ... wasn't signed in!
Sleep,pleeease God.....Sleep!

Babette

Post by Babette » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:41 am

HOW TO TRAIN A CAT
As told to me by my ex-moron who will remain nameless.

Cat belonged to his then-wife. Cat hated him. Cat peed on everything the man owned. Cat got up 17 times a night to go outside, and Ex-Moron had to let him out every time.

One night, Ex-Moron had had enough. BTW, he sleeps nude. Anyway, standing there with the sliding door, he had an idea. He opened it just enough to let the cat start to wiggle out. Then he shut it, trapping the cat's head. Then he peed all over that cat. Then he let the cat outside.

Cat never peed on anything of Ex-Moron's again.

This is hearsay. Your Mileage May Vary.

LOL,
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

denise1768

Post by denise1768 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:55 am

preemiern wrote:Denise--I have a 9 year old Maine Coon that looks alot like yours--weighs 22 pounds!! and LOVES to put his paw over my air vent as well!!! oh-yes--he also loves to curl up in my bathroom sink!! I just couldn't find that picture--Cindy
Hi Cindy.. Check your pm.
Denise

christinequilts

Post by christinequilts » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:47 am

jabberwock wrote:I caught one of them about to lie down on my mask when I took it off in the morning, so I turned the airflow on, and he bolted from the room and has not gone near it since. Chicken....
Mine does that occasionally with the end of the hose, but I have autostart enabled, and sometimes just blocking the end or moving really close to it just right will trigger the Adapt to start. The air flow doesn't faze my cat at all- it never has- but he has figured out if he starts it up there is a good a chance the large leak alarm will go off, which drives my dog completely crazy- but then again, the alarm on high is something like 85dbl. I swear MaxCat does it on purpose just to pick on poor Maggie dog

And in almost 4 years on BiPAP ST & now VPAP Adapt SV, my one cat has only bit one hose...and it had to be the special hose for the Adapt just a month or so ago. I was doing something to him he didn't like, so his favorite way to get me to stop is to threaten to bite something- he was only bitting at the plastic clips that hold the sensor line to the main hose, but his teeth must have slipped and he got my main hose too. Thank goodness for plumbers Teflon tape- it fixes small holes very well.

kavanaugh1950

Post by kavanaugh1950 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:55 am

babette, ex moron should have got his wee wee caught in the sliding door and the cat should have bit it!!! what a moron!!!! vader you're new avatar is making me dizzy ha ha pat

Vader

Post by Vader » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:31 am

kavanaugh1950 wrote:babette, ex moron should have got his wee wee caught in the sliding door and the cat should have bit it!!! what a moron!!!! vader you're new avatar is making me dizzy ha ha pat

No doubt about it, the ex moron (who's probably still a moron) needs to have his butt whupped!

(hey what's wrong with my avatar? LOL )

Vader

wkosturko

Post by wkosturko » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:40 pm

Yes I've felt the tug of my cat on the hose. I think he does it because he wants me up to feed him!!!

lawdognellie

Post by lawdognellie » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:54 pm

My cat kept chewing on the hose...after 3 hoses with holes in them, I got smart and got one of those fleece hose covers. At least now she doesn't puncture it. I also occasionally spay it with bitter apple to remind her that it's not a chew toy.

My bigger problem now is she has become obsessed with the exhalation port. She licks at it when the mask is on and then starts rubbing her head against it. A few times she has tried to lay down on it and tried to smother me. She keeps waking me up on it. Can't really use bitter apple since the air will just blow it in my eyes. Anyone feel free to send ideas.

Sarah

tarzan

Post by tarzan » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:39 pm

Nope. Mine just rubs herself against the tubing.

Elle

Post by Elle » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:40 pm

wow, I need to get to bed. I read about a cat tugging on end of someone's hose right after reading about ex moron peeing on his cat and well ...you know. Speaking of peeing Babette, Stop. I have an old bladder.

I also have a Maine Coon. He was not that big until he was about 5 or 6 and suddenly started growing. He weighs 20lbs and is not fat....very muscular and he is the boss.

He does learn things surprisingly fast though. Being a dog person i thought all cats were stupid and let him ruin a whole set of furniture before I tried squirting him with a water spritzer. He had to be squirted for each thing he did wrong but it only took one hit. He remembered. In fact he would go to scratch something and remember and whine because he knew he wasn't allowed.

Anyway, Maine Coons are dog replacements. My only complaint is that my mask is full of fur. Very magnetic and I can't get rid of it. Thanks for the great thread.

cwsanfor

Post by cwsanfor » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:16 pm

Babette,

There's a reason we call them "ex". The incumbent Mrs. MyLastName loves my Siamese, and that's one of the reasons we're married. Love me, love my cat. Pee on my cat, and issues will arise.

Bookbear

Post by Bookbear » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:45 pm

Da Bear hands Babette a bumper sticker:
"I Like Cats, Too... Let's Trade Recipes!"

denise1768

Post by denise1768 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:21 pm

They say they aren't fully grown till about 5 years old so I can see that happening. Can't wait till he gets that big!!

My maine coon is very dog like as well... plays fetch with crumpled paper. He's so cool!

His hair gets all over my mask too. I have a short haired cat also but his hair isn't as clingy as the maine coon's.
Denise