Fun Question - Has anyone else faked an apnea event.......

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tillymarigold

Post by tillymarigold » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:51 am

The machine knows when you're awake or asleep, so it shouldn't work. Or at least, both the PB 420 series and the REMstar classic series do. I don't know if all machines can differentiate or not.

DeltaSeeker

Post by DeltaSeeker » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:50 pm

Never tried it, but now that you suggest it... Sounds good to me!

Over the last week I've had all kinds of wierd stuff going on but unfortunately on those nights the machine didn't record over time because it was at 1 pressure (min/max set to the same). I woke up with the mask on my cheek instead of over my mouth/nose. The next night it was above my lip instead of between lower lip and chin. etc. It would have been interesting to see how those events were recorded! FL, LL, A/H???

Maybe I'll try those tonite now that I have my pressure set for 9/10... as well as the fake snores and apnea events

I'm no engineer, but I am a geek

APAP since 4/12/07 still looking for the "perfect" mask. 1st ZERO AHI nite 6/7/07! 2nd 6/11
Using loaner Hybrid next 2 weeks. Fingers x'd
See http://www.urastarbooks.net for stats

higgy

Post by higgy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:40 pm

I do the same things, playing with the machine.

I am not an engineer, but I play one at work.