Nasal Aire II chinstrap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
new2

Nasal Aire II chinstrap

Post by new2 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:17 am

Last year I saw a picture of a chinstrap that looked good with elastic on the sides to hold the nasal aire tubes. I cannot find the picture and don't remember where to find it. It's one piece. A chinstrap with loops. Can someone help me? If I could find the photo, that might be all I need to make my own.
Also, you Bravo or Tiara Snap and the like users, what chinstrap have you found to work with your mask?

By the way, this Bravo is by far the easiest mask to take off and put on thats out today.Once you tighten it on top of your head and set the tubing inside the strap on top of your head (over the head is my favorite way), you can pull it on and off on one second and it is so comfortable and quiet. I don't care that people say it's not the most innovative mask out there. All I can say is Teleflex got it right with this mask. It's like they took whats best of all the great little pillow masks and made this. Now all I need is a great chinstrap that works without putting too much pressure under my chin.

Babette

Post by Babette » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:01 am

Funny you should mention that... I took my Topaz Tiara Chinstrap this weekend and sewed velcro loop tape to it on the temples and over the head strap.

I then used the regular NAII hook tape that was on the sides of the tubes to hook it to the chinstrap at the temples, and used the connector and some more hook tape on the overhead strap.

I've decided I need more hook tape for the temples. I'm thinking about using a velcro "one wrap" (combines hooks on one side, loops on the other) to go around the temple straps of the chinstrap and the tubes to make that more secure.

But it's pretty much working for me. And I have less headgear. Previously I had the chinstrap plus the headgear. Now I can just remove the chinstrap and the whole thing is one piece.

Cheers,
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

sleepyred

Post by sleepyred » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:02 am

Can you post a picture of your creation? Sounds great!

Sleepyred
Babette wrote:Funny you should mention that... I took my Topaz Tiara Chinstrap this weekend and sewed velcro loop tape to it on the temples and over the head strap.

I then used the regular NAII hook tape that was on the sides of the tubes to hook it to the chinstrap at the temples, and used the connector and some more hook tape on the overhead strap.

I've decided I need more hook tape for the temples. I'm thinking about using a velcro "one wrap" (combines hooks on one side, loops on the other) to go around the temple straps of the chinstrap and the tubes to make that more secure.

But it's pretty much working for me. And I have less headgear. Previously I had the chinstrap plus the headgear. Now I can just remove the chinstrap and the whole thing is one piece.

Cheers,
B.

Babette

Post by Babette » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:15 am

Having technical difficulties with my digital camera at the moment.

I will attempt to wear it to the office tomorrow and ask my receptionist to take a pic of it with my fancy-schmancy cell phone.

Don't hold your breath.

LOL,
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)