Autoscan 5.7 - Missing days

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ozalchemist

Autoscan 5.7 - Missing days

Post by ozalchemist » Sun May 20, 2007 3:01 am

I download data from my Resmed s8 Autoset Spirit every three days or so using rescard and a resmed card reader.

But every now and then, a day is missing... no summary data, no night profile, nothing.

I have NEVER missed a night on Cpap. Any idea where my data has gone?

Anyone else had this problem?

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Sun May 20, 2007 5:46 am

It is there. If you download too early in the morning it does not transfer to the smart card. Try downloading in the afternoons and you will always get it in one download.

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

DreamSeeker

Post by DreamSeeker » Sun May 20, 2007 10:11 am

Lots of tips on this post:

viewtopic.php?t=18208&highlight=autoscan

RichCMH

Post by RichCMH » Sun May 20, 2007 10:10 pm

A few things to keep in mind.
You have a window of 5 days to copy data to the card, then to your pc before you copy data again. After 5 days, you will have blank days with no graph charts.

You can copy in the morning after you wake if you wait about 15 minutes. I usually shower, then go copy data to the card.

If you wait until after the machine's clock passes Noon after the 5th night, you will lose data, ie no graph charts.

I've been copy/downloading data to pc since early February. I have the calendar on my pc remind me every 5 days.

JimW

Post by JimW » Mon May 21, 2007 6:18 pm

Too complicated for me to remember every 5 days, so I load to the card Tuesday and Saturday mornings. (Then on to the computer later on those days.) If you wait until after 12 noon to download, you'll get a blank day for that day. I've managed to keep continuous nightly data since January 6 of this year.

Exactly which mornings you download is not so important, but it is necessary that you establish a routine for it at least every 5 days, if you want continuous data of a more detailed sort.
Resmed S8 Vantage - integrated humidifier
Mirage Swift nasal pillow system
Autoscan 5.7 software

ozalchemist

Post by ozalchemist » Tue May 22, 2007 4:41 am

Even if I download DAILY I have problems...

For example:

I just placed the rescard in the reader and downloaded the data for last night... nothing is displayed for last night. It's there, I know it, because if I set the preferences to "overwrite", the data for last night appears, but I lose all the detail information (eg night profile).

BUT, if I set the preferences to "do not overwrite" I don't get any data downloaded!!

Help!!

blarg

Post by blarg » Tue May 22, 2007 4:47 am

ResMed must be taking cues from Respironics.

I'm a programmer Jim, not a doctor!

DreamSeeker

Post by DreamSeeker » Tue May 22, 2007 8:01 am

Someone else had this problem with their cardreader being plugged into the usb port on their (monitor/front usb ports). Try plugging it into the back of your computer. If that doesn't help, the reader may be defective.

JimW

Post by JimW » Tue May 22, 2007 5:05 pm

ozalchemist wrote:Even if I download DAILY I have problems...

For example:

I just placed the rescard in the reader and downloaded the data for last night... nothing is displayed for last night. It's there, I know it, because if I set the preferences to "overwrite", the data for last night appears, but I lose all the detail information (eg night profile).

BUT, if I set the preferences to "do not overwrite" I don't get any data downloaded!!

Help!!
What time of day are you downloading? Is the clock on your machine set to (approximately) the correct time?

This is curious to me, as I've not lost any days' data since I began downloading to the card regularly in the morning at least 8 minutes after turning the machine off. (It's possible I might be able to cut this to at least 7 minutes after turning the machine off; I know from looking at exported files that the machine records 6 minutes at 0 pressure at the end of the on time.)
Resmed S8 Vantage - integrated humidifier
Mirage Swift nasal pillow system
Autoscan 5.7 software

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue May 22, 2007 5:20 pm

I've never lost a days data since 09 Oct 2006. If I forget to download last night's data before noon, no biggie. It will be there when I download tomorrow before noon. Or if I really insist on having last night's data and its past noon I just go in an lie to my Elite by changing the time to before noon. Voila! There's my last night's data.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Snoredog

Post by Snoredog » Tue May 22, 2007 5:30 pm

you haven't left this machine rubbing up against a Respironics M series machine have you?

someday science will catch up to what I'm saying...

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Tue May 22, 2007 6:34 pm

Hi Ozal,

If you change the download setting to overwrite, you will only be able to keep 5 nights of detailed data for your night profiles. Make sure you have your file open before you download the new data. This procedure should sort you out:

1 in the MORNING (before midday), copy the data onto the card from the flow generator
2 open your current AutoScan file
3 click the "Download/ResScan data card" menu in AutoScan
4 save the file after the new data has been downloaded.

If you have been doing this in the afternoon, that might be why you are losing a day of data. At midday each day the flow generator throws out the oldest detailed data session, in order to make room for the next session, which starts at midday. If you copy the data into the AutoScan file after midday, there will be a blank day for the current day (assuming you have not used the CPAP during the afternoon). Then this day will not be over-written when you next copy data into the AutoScan file, so you will be left with a blank data session.

Like Jim said, make sure you wait 10 minutes after turning the machine off before you insert the card.

If you follow this procedure exactly & still have problems, I would suspect a hardware issue.

Peter Image

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Tue May 22, 2007 6:38 pm

Slinky,

Changing the time on your Elite!! Is that Slinky or Sneaky??!! Who's a clever girl then?!

Peter Image