Received my PR DreamStation replacement today

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MurrayNevada

Received my PR DreamStation replacement today

Post by MurrayNevada » Tue May 14, 2024 5:04 pm

Hadn't used my DreamStation for over 6-years. Finally decided I would send for the replacement. Thought I would be getting a DreamStation 2, but it is just another DreamStation. Think it's probably refurbished as there are scratches on the screen. Doesn't much matter as it is in the closet with the 6-year-old machine it replaced and will remain there until I finally toss it out. Unless I took it apart I probably could never know if the foam was replaced and if so, what it was replaced with. Process turned out to be a waste of time.
Machine: Lowenstein Prisma 20A
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Bleep Eclipse
Humidifier: PrismaAQUA humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 9cmH2O - 12cmH20
CPAP Software: OSCAR

D.H.

Re: Received my PR DreamStation replacement today

Post by D.H. » Wed May 15, 2024 2:18 pm

I believe that there will be some sort of certification/remediation/remanufacture tag affixed to the machine. I'm not certain of this as I received a DreamStation 2 machine as a replacement.

If anybody has this on his/her machine, please photograph it and attach it.

If the certification is there, it should be good; as long as you trust Philips!

BlizzardUK

Post by BlizzardUK » Thu May 23, 2024 9:29 am

How did you manage to get a replacement while still having the replaced ? I got my replacement today but I had to put my old one in the box with the courier.

MurrayNevada

Post by MurrayNevada » Thu May 23, 2024 9:14 pm

I'm in the U.S. and never heard of a delivery, in my 70+ years, where a courier would be waiting with a box for a return item. The replacement was left at my door and had a return label inside. If they are awaiting the return of the old one they will be waiting a very long time.

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Fri May 24, 2024 7:25 am

MurrayNevada wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 5:04 pm
Hadn't used my DreamStation for over 6-years. Finally decided I would send for the replacement. Thought I would be getting a DreamStation 2, but it is just another DreamStation. Think it's probably refurbished as there are scratches on the screen. Doesn't much matter as it is in the closet with the 6-year-old machine it replaced and will remain there until I finally toss it out. Unless I took it apart I probably could never know if the foam was replaced and if so, what it was replaced with. Process turned out to be a waste of time.
Why in the world would you go through the trouble of acquiring the replacement machine if you have no plans on using it? :shock:
ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Swift FX

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many...

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri May 24, 2024 8:44 am

Conrad wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 7:25 am
MurrayNevada wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 5:04 pm
Why in the world would you go through the trouble of acquiring the replacement machine if you have no plans on using it? :shock:
He was expecting a DS2, which supposedly never had the problem. Instead, he got a "remediated" DS1 and does not trust that that remediation was done properly or even done at all.

MurrayNevada

Post by MurrayNevada » Fri May 24, 2024 8:51 am

D.H. Said: "He was expecting a DS2, which supposedly never had the problem. Instead, he got a "remediated" DS1 and does not trust that that remediation was done properly or even done at all."

Exactly as you stated D.H.