Recommended Pulse Oximeter

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
StuUnderPressure

Recommended Pulse Oximeter

Post by StuUnderPressure » Tue May 11, 2021 10:32 am

What is the current pulse oximeter rated highest by forum members?

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

Thumper1947

Re: Recommended Pulse Oximeter

Post by Thumper1947 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:34 pm

I use the Wellue Ring Oximeter. It's lightweight, comfortable(you don't even know it's on), no wires while you sleep, has a very good app, and most importantly it's easy to import the data into Oscar through the Viatom app. It's not cheap, but it is a quality medical device. Here's a a link to it on Amazon and you can go to the company site, just google Wellue Ring pulse oximeter. The company site still gives a discount I believe. Here's some links.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIAyaOlMtTs&t=275s

https://www.amazon.com/Wellue-O2Ring-We ... 183&sr=8-3
Thumper
Mask: Dreamware FF
Machine: Resmed Autosense 10 APAP

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Tue May 11, 2021 4:55 pm

Do you know how this Wellu ring compares to the Contec CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter & other Contec Pulse Oximeters ?

klm49

Post by klm49 » Wed May 12, 2021 4:19 am

StuUnderPressure wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 4:55 pm
Do you know how this Wellu ring compares to the Contec CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter & other Contec Pulse Oximeters ?

I use a CMS50F. I would think the CMS60D would be hard to keep on your finger if you move around in the night.
No experience with a Wellu

Resmed AirCurve10 Vauto w/humidifier
Amara View mask
O2 - 2-4 lpm

Grumpy48

Post by Grumpy48 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:53 am

I purchased the Wellue O2Ring in December 2019 as I was suspicious of sleep apnea issues. I was getting significant drops in my O2 sats at night and I took this information to my PCP who then recommended a sleep study and subsequently prescribed a CPAP device. I still use the Wellue O2Ring nightly and the reads I get with it combined with daily quick looks at DreamMapper (Dreamstation) give me a good idea how therapy worked on previous nights. The ring is easy to slip on and is not too obtrusive. I tend to roll around from side to side at night and I'm not sure how a finger clip with attached wire to a wrist device would be and not get snagged up on something. I use the O2 Insight Pro software on my PC daily to get the nights records and it stays plugged into the PC for most of the day to recharge. I did have an intermittent issue with the supplied cable not connecting occasionally and ordered a replacement from the main sellers site. The replacement was shipped quickly. If the O2Ring failed I'd likely get another.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 12, 2021 9:03 am

The technology behind most of these brands is pretty much the same and fairly standard so as to reliability and accuracy of either the CMS or the Wellue....probably pretty much the same I would think.

As to which might be "better" is most likely going to depend on what you want to use it for and how often.
Every night use vs once in a blue moon use kind of thing.

The only thing I have ever personally used though...the CMS 50 D plus but that was years and years ago and I knew I only needed/wanted an occasional spot check. If I were to buy now I don't know which might be more appealing but again it would depend on did I want to use it frequently or sporadically. For sporadic use I most likely would still go the cheapest route. Back when I was in the market there weren't very many choices and certainly no thumb only ring device available. Looks pretty cool but it isn't cheap.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Thumper1947

Post by Thumper1947 » Wed May 12, 2021 11:12 am

Viatom software.PNG
Viatom software.PNG (169.37 KiB) Viewed 3130 times
Stu,
I got the Wellue ring because I have had a low resting pulse rate all my adult life.(I was a distance runner) Using the ring, my doctor took me off metropolol when he saw the HR going below 40 at night. It measures 3 things, SpPO2 level,heartrate, and motion. These are all imported into Oscar. Oscar has much more info available and you can see REM sleep in Oscar, but the Viatom software takes out some of the chaff and it is easier to see the levels of sleep and very easy to see when you go into and out of REM sleep. Some of the people here probably can tell the sleep modes just by looking at Oscar, but for me and this one use of tracking REM sleep, it's easier to see the stable SPO2, steady heartrate, and especially no motion. Here's a screenshot of REM sleep and towards the right of the screen you can see the motion start and HR increase as I came out of REM sleep. Most people probably don't need this, but I find using Oscar and the ring together to be very helpful and easy to understand, and very useful tracking my heartrate at night.
Thumper

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Wed May 12, 2021 3:25 pm

I do have & use the Contec CMS50D+ Pulse Oximeter

I had been sending the results to my Cardiologist's Portal approximately twice weekly.
They track it themselves.

Lately, my pulse has been lower for no know reason - so have been doing it daily & sending the results daily.

Although the Contec CMS50D+ can record & store data, I wanted something more likely to stay on (especially at night) & generally easier to use while generating better data.

Also, my wife has Afib & she tracks her pulse much more often (using the same Cardiologist).
She would benefit greatly by having something for overnight use (& even long-term daytime use - but motion seems to affect the results of the Ring, so not sure if that is feasible without just not moving for hours at a time.)

Many reviews of the Ring speak of how awful the Ring Customer Service is, so I am hesitant to buy it.
It is made in China, but so is the Contec.

I don't remember the guy's name that sold Contec & provided great customer service.
Also, not sure he sells the Ring.
I probably need to look into that further.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 12, 2021 5:09 pm

StuUnderPressure wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:25 pm
I don't remember the guy's name that sold Contec & provided great customer service.
Was it the pulseoxstore?

http://www.pulseoxstore.com/

I forget the guy's name as well but this is where I got my CMS 50 D plus some years back and I bought from them because of their customer service and the guy's great help with sorting out software issues which were very common many years ago with these devices.
If you got the idea from me or someone here on the forum this is likely what would have been offered.

He does cost a bit more but I bought from him because I felt the potential customer service was worth it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SDBud

Post by SDBud » Wed May 12, 2021 5:54 pm

StuUnderPressure wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:32 am
What is the current pulse oximeter rated highest by forum members?
I have had 2 health watches with P-OX capability, and both showed SAME levels as the medical equipment I've checked them against.
The one I use now is a MoreSo, does BP, pulse, Ox, AND even ECG, and cost just under $40 on Amazon.
Airsense 10 Autoset
AirTouch and AirFit F10 masks
:roll:

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Wed May 12, 2021 8:22 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 5:09 pm
StuUnderPressure wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 3:25 pm
Was it the pulseoxstore?

http://www.pulseoxstore.com/

I forget the guy's name as well but this is where I got my CMS 50 D plus some years back and I bought from them because of their customer service and the guy's great help with sorting out software issues which were very common many years ago with these devices.
If you got the idea from me or someone here on the forum this is likely what would have been offered.

He does cost a bit more but I bought from him because I felt the potential customer service was worth it.

That is it.
THANKS

Is he no longer active on this forum?

I went to that website & could not find that they sold the Ring Pulse Oximeter

Will keep digging to see if I can find more & will report

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed May 12, 2021 8:43 pm

I think his name might have been Kevin and I haven't seen him on the forum for quite a while.

Thumper1947

Post by Thumper1947 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:49 am

Stu,
You're totally correct about lousy customer service. I had a lot of problems with delivery of the ring. I've been fortunate that the ring has worked flawlessly for the past 5 months. I hate to think if I had to deal with customer service again, but the ring has been great.
Thumper

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Thu May 13, 2021 10:15 pm

Thumper1947 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:49 am
Stu,
You're totally correct about lousy customer service. I had a lot of problems with delivery of the ring. I've been fortunate that the ring has worked flawlessly for the past 5 months. I hate to think if I had to deal with customer service again, but the ring has been great.
Thumper
A lot of the reviews also report problems having defective units replaced & delivery problems like you..

Not very encouraging at all.

StuUnderPressure

Post by StuUnderPressure » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:17 pm

I am now actively looking for another Pulse Oximeter to replace my aging Contec CMS50D+

The CMS50D+ has served me well - but I assume it must have a more current version by now. Looking into that.

Wondering what the current Pulse Oximeter of choice is for forum members?