Heated hose temp on a warm night?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RoboLobo

Heated hose temp on a warm night?

Post by RoboLobo » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:27 pm

Starting to warm up in the bedroom these days, temperature-wise I mean :o I only have the Resmed heated tubing, I am curious as to how low people crank down the tube temperature on a warm night. I suppose the humidity level might factor in as well? Should I turn it off completely? I am only asking as my wife says I am sweating a lot these days with just the top sheet over me and two fans going. I’m not drenched and I don’t think I’m sick in any way, so just looking at other factors. Thx!

Jlfinkels

Re: Heated hose temp on a warm night?

Post by Jlfinkels » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:50 pm

We are all different, so what is comfortable for me may not work for you. I keep my hose temp at 81F and humidifier at 4 year-round. In summer our bedroom is kept at 72 degrees at 50% humidity and I’ve never had issues with rainout. Of course, I do live in the American South where it is 85 degrees at the moment and 85% humidity outside.
Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:45 pm

RoboLobo wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:27 pm
Should I turn it off completely?
Some of us not only don't use a heated hose, but we also don't use any humidity year-round. You have to experiment with the settings to see what works for you. You can try turning the humidity down a notch per night. If your nasal passages start getting dry, you turned it down one notch too many.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:48 pm

Standard hoses are available on Amazon and ebay for under $10 with free shipping.

clownbell

Post by clownbell » Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:39 pm

I have had good results setting BOTH temperature AND humidity level at AUTO. I have been assuming that the machine makes adjustments when the temperature and/or humidity change, though I could be wrong about that. Works for me.
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with built in humidifier
Resmed P10 pillow mask

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:54 pm

Why would anybody even THINK about using a heated hose in the warmer months?
I've never even used heated humidity in the winter months......let alone a heated hose anytime.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:23 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:54 pm
I've never even used heated humidity in the winter months......let alone a heated hose anytime.

Den

Because some of us need that added moisture (get bad allergy like symptoms without enough moisture in the mucosa) but they don't like the cold shower spray out the vent holes or the freight train in the hose when rain out happens because we also like a cooler bedroom.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

southerndoc

Post by southerndoc » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:16 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:54 pm

Den

I sleep better with heated humidity. We keep our bedroom at 67 deg year round. Mucho dinero with Georgia heat in the summers to keep it that cool, but I sleep better.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:03 pm

and, this is precisely why each individual user NEEDS to take charge of THEIR OWN therapy and find out what works best for them. It's fine to find out what others do but when all is said and done, it's YOU who is in charge of YOUR therapy.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:35 am

Wulfman... wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:03 pm
and, this is precisely why each individual user NEEDS to take charge of THEIR OWN therapy and find out what works best for them. It's fine to find out what others do but when all is said and done, it's YOU who is in charge of YOUR therapy.

Den

I totally agree and would like to add that each individual is going to have their own personal preferences, wants and needs.

It's okay to be different and need or want different things. It's to be expected and it's normal.
Just realize that what I might love....someone else might hate with a passion.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.