Issues with shipping CPAP machines to Taiwan - Any advice?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog

Re: Issues with shipping CPAP machines to Taiwan - Any advice?

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:02 pm

He has been on my foe list since day one.
So much s###, he makes my head hurt.

WWu777

Post by WWu777 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:40 am

Good news.

The CPAP supplier has agreed to give me a partial refund on the shipping since the actual shipping costs were less than $95. That's nice of them.

Also, UPS contacted me and cleared my package through customs for me, so I should be getting it soon! Hurray! :)

Thanks to you all for your help and guidance. Much appreciated. :)

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:44 pm

WWu777 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:08 pm

Hi Chris and Paul,
I looked over the Airsense 10 For Her and it looks fairly portable and not that big. Very nice. Why isn't it classified as a Travel CPAP too? It looks only slightly larger than a Travel CPAP. I saw a video of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAiQaUe6VmE

(How do you embed YouTube videos here?)

Did you mean the standard black one called Airsense 10 or the white one called Airsense 10 For Her, that caters to women?

Chris, you mentioned Airsense 10 but your forum signature says Airsense 10 For Her. Do you recommend the For Her machine for men too?

Thanks.
Late reply... Needed a break...
I have the Airsense 10 for Her for two reasons: a. it was cheaper be a couple hundred bucks at the time, and b. I was interested in learning if the for her algorithm would be beneficial for someone who wakes easily. I could not tell the difference during sleep, but I noticed my AHI went up with the "for her" algorithm. I've kept it on the regular algorithm since I learned that. Frankly, they should make one machine with all the algorithms and just allow people to put personalized skins like they do with phones. It would be a better marketing plan. As to the travel considerations, I don't have the dc adapter for the Airsense 10 yet. I don't fly enough internationally to know whether there are plugs available for CPAP in the first class, business or "sardine seats" for overnight. You would likely have to bring a battery with you on flight, and it it would likely have to be light/durable enough to make it worth your while. I got the impression you were looking for something long-term, not necessarily for in-flight, and mostly to use at home in Taiwan. Under these circumstances, since Taiwan shares US/Canadian electrical codes, I'd still get an Airsense 10 over the mini and of course given the state of Phillips Respironics today, any of the Respironics machine at this point. Be well!

Most members of this forum are wonderful.
However, if you are the target of bullying on this forum, please consider these excellent alternative forums:
Apnea Board
Sleep Apnea Talk Forum
Free CPAP Advice

Be well,
Chris