Air pressure with the bleep mask.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bobby269

Air pressure with the bleep mask.

Post by Bobby269 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:38 pm

By using the complete port with no trimming. For the last 3 month I got no leaks. With other masks my AHI would be below 1.0. With the bleep I am getting 1.1.Have you guys and gals had to raise the pressure for the bleep mask to receive the same reading with your prior masks.
I can live with this AHI. But I am curious as to how others are doing. :P

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

loggerhead12

Re: Air pressure with the bleep mask.

Post by loggerhead12 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:40 pm

Bobby269 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:38 pm
By using the complete port with no trimming. For the last 3 month I got no leaks. With other masks my AHI would be below 1.0. With the bleep I am getting 1.1.Have you guys and gals had to raise the pressure for the bleep mask to receive the same reading with your prior masks.
I can live with this AHI. But I am curious as to how others are doing. :P
An increase of 1/10th is a rounding error. That's one extra event in 10 hours of sleep and hardly attributable to what mask you're using. Or worrying about.

My experience using Bleep is that is required *less* pressure to achieve the sub-1 results I wanted. I was able to gradually reduce my pressure by 3 centimeters without increasing AHI at all.

Dreaming1

Post by Dreaming1 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:58 am

My pressures came down too. So did a buddy's I turned on to it.

arteach

Post by arteach » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:19 am

I have been able to reduce my pressures by 50%!!! I love my BLEEP, I'm finally sleeping all night long with my mask in place.

mets123

Post by mets123 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:02 pm

I have not adjusted my pressure since using the bleep for over 5 months now. Great mask no leaks no adjustments needed during the night

booksfan

Post by booksfan » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:40 pm

Even though I read about so many people being able to reduce their pressure with the Bleep, I did not. Finally, after 2 years, I decide to try gradually lowering my minimum pressure and see what happened. So far, I have lowered it from 12.0 to 10.0 over a couple of months. I plan to keep lowering a bit more. My average pressure is now around 11.2, lower than my previous minimum.

Last August (with absolutely no therapy changes!), my leak rates and CAs suddenly shot up! My AHI, which had consistently been under 1, suddenly started alternating above and below 1 (but still 2, usually under 1.5, average for last year is still 0.89 which is I know is good). Even with lowering my pressure, still same AHI. So I guess I am one who has been able to reduce my pressure too! :lol:

Mask: Bleep Eclipse/Halos
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet