Conflicting Time Info on OSCAR

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Summr

Conflicting Time Info on OSCAR

Post by Summr » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:03 pm

Hello All,

Being so new to using CPAP I thought the machine would tell me what I needed and wanted to know for now (a lot to learn outside of settings on the machine!). I've used it four days and was keeping track, on paper, of, "Therapy Hours, AHI, Mask Fit and 90% Pressure". After a few discrepancies regarding hours used and not trusting the Mask Fit info, I downloaded OSCAR today. Under, "Date, Start, End, Hours" it shows the Start time as, 09:19:38 and in the, "Sessions Information" it shows the start time as, 05:59:51. Info on the welcome screen (time the machine was on) correlates with sessions info and what I wrote down (7 hrs.).

Was hoping someone could take a look at the graph(s) below and tell me why the start times differ in these two areas for the same day (what am I missing?). I had to print screen the same page twice since I couldn't get both areas in the same frame. Unfortunately, I honestly have little clue how to read the graphs, definitions, etc., so am also hoping someone can tell me where I can best learn how to properly interpret this info. If there is anything that stands out to anyone who thinks I should be made aware of, please, by all means, I'm open to any and all info!

Too, can anyone maybe tell me why this Dreamstation is giving me numbers that don't appear accurate?

Thanks a bunch!
Attachments
Screenshot (72).png
Screenshot (72).png (183.51 KiB) Viewed 609 times
Screenshot (73).png
Screenshot (73).png (182.48 KiB) Viewed 609 times

JDS74

Re: Conflicting Time Info on OSCAR

Post by JDS74 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:04 am

Your data for this one day has four sessions (machine off and back on starts a new session)
You are displaying the third session and the times for it are the same as in the graphic display.
It's complicated sometimes.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

Summr

Post by Summr » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:46 pm

Ah, okay. Thank you for helping me see that. Not sure why it's showing that way, it is a bit confusing, at least for me :roll: . Not as important as other info though, just wanted to understand.

Also, realized over the weekend that the SD card isn't showing any data since the first time I accessed OSCAR. What can I do to fix that???

Thanks!!!

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:39 pm

One thing to always keep in mind is that machines (or these apps) usually track from noon to noon, so if you look at 'last night's data' at e.g. 2 pm, you'll only see 2 hrs of info, whereas if you'd looked at 11 a.m. it would all be there.... if this helps anything.